News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's funny, you haven't done this in some time.

You sleep and with that you dream. Dreams ethereal and forgotten, images of past, present and perhaps the future mingling together into one vast, ever churning mental stew. Yet it is one endless and beautiful dream, one that soothes the spirit and brightens the soul.

What it is you cannot truly remember, a curious and mortal thing. Yet you feel at peace throughout it, your sleeping face surely smiling.

You must awaken soon, Seira.

Peace. A dream that never ends, but eternally changes into something new and beautiful. A dream that leaves you smiling, a dream that leaves you calm and at peace.

Be strong and be victorious, and know that we shall always be your friend and ally.

You awaken with a yawn, refreshed and in a good mood. Amaryl is curled into you, still asleep and with a gentle smile on her face. Her hair is lightly mussed, framing around her like a sea of blonde.

"Seira?" A knock on your door, Elle's voice, "Sanzha and everyone has some progress, plus Celestia's sent a representative about the slavery campaign."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I'll be there in... say five minutes?" Seira projects her voice just beyond the door, at a comfortable level for Elle to hear.

Her avatar is getting bored doing paperwork as it is, so it should be a nice change of pace for her!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Mmm?" Amaryl sits up and blinks, "What a strange thing, sleeping." Sitting up and smiling, "But the dream was lovely, wasn't it? What did Elle want?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It's fun," Seira agrees. "Elle has a few reports about the slavers, so mini me is handling those."

Anastasia

"Oh, finally," Amaryl says, "Shouldn't we go see this directly, or is it only minor progress?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Right, I forget sometimes you don't already have your own avatar," Seira mutters. "I'm actually good, the real me is only needed if I need to get into a pissing contest with another deity. But if you want to be there in person instead of listening in, by all means. I'll keep them waiting while you get ready, Dear."

Anastasia

Soon enough everyone is gathered. Amaryl is there along with Elle, Donald, Lady Sanzha and Kascha. Your avatar sits and waits as Amaryl gets comfy as your guest waits.

He is a tall planetar, head bald and expression thoughtful. He wears silvery armor and has a sword nearby, at rest. He rises once everyone is here and bows, "I am Jeval," he introduces himself, "A Knight of the Chalice who serves under Romiel."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira shifts as he introduces himself, before smiling pleasantly in welcome. "Rise, Jeval, and have a seat," she offers, gesturing at the spare armchair in the cozy meeting room she decided to meet her guest. The room itself is in the shape of an octagon surrounding the round table featured prominently in the center with as many armchairs as might be needed for each individual meeting, its walls filled with one-way windows that all point towards the outside.

Anastasia

Donald flashes you a smile as everyone settles in.

"Thank you," Jeval says, "I bring news and tidings, whenever it pleases you to hear them."

Lady Sanzha smiles slightly, "Oh, more good news, I hope?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Let's hear those good news first," Seira tells Jeval. "Then, you'll have the opportunity to bring more of the same back to Romiel."

Anastasia

"Operation Summer Blaze," Jeval begins, rising. "Seven groups, including Duke Moore's, will attack various holdings in Fire. Most will be related to slavery in various ways, but to varying degrees and at least one with nothing directly to do with it. All evils that need to be vanquished, but let them have to react to more and perhaps strain their forces."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"When will it take place?" Seira inquires. "It would be a good chance to see how the timing meshes with our own."

Anastasia

"That will depend on all of you," Jeval says, "We're waiting to coordinate timing with you."

Elle nods a bit at that, "Sensible."

"So in the interests of clarity," Amaryl begins, "How rapidly can you deploy your own forces?"

"Within three hours," Jeval bows his head a moment, lips moving in words of Celestia, silent prayer. "Yes, three hours."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Ah, I see! This is fortunate indeed. Since the efreet court and their devil allies are already wondering at all the possibilities, we might as well keep them guessing some more. Sanzha, is there an opportunity for us to exploit?"

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha clears her throat, "The efreet are playing this close to the court, which I know you are aware of. The main opportunities are shifts in forces and protections for more outlying issues and noble interests. We need a hard blow to open more possibilities up," she concludes, "Especially if luminaries such as Eblis involve themselves."

"Anything else? What about the dao?" Amaryl asks, frowning. "I was hoping more for the efreet."

"The main concern is a general escalation, a war that could expand quite a ways," Lady Sanzha says, fingers drumming musically on the armrest of her chair. "Real war - the sort that's declared and fought between great planar powers - is far less common than an understood and assumed state of undeclared war between ethical, moral and elemental opposites. The sort that calls on allies officially and cascade until it's like someone set off a fireball amid a cache of alchemist's fire."

A beat for that before Sanzha goes on, "The efreet are nonetheless escalating and calling on allies. At first I thought this was due to inferences that the Aurora may be involved, but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps they're hoping we moderate our efforts if there is a risk of a general war breaking out."

"Okay," Donald raises his hand as if to be called on, "Can we walk through that a little more? Official war versus undeclared war? Also hey, you never really answered Amaryl's question!"
<Afina> Forever.