News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Most would grow jealous, except for happy-go-lucky types like Lathander or enlightenment seekers like yourself, I'd imagine," Seira responds with a shrug. "I know I get jealous all the time, and not merely of other deities. It's how we deal with that that's interesting part." She looks at Pistis Sophia askance. "Unless that was a subtle way of telling me one of our allies took our efforts badly and needs a feather smoothed?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"We are not a perfect house," Pistis Sophia admits, "For all but those in Chronias are flawed." She gestures ahead at these foggy valleys and hills, a vast landscape before you. "Jealousy is but one sin that is struggled with, for righteousness is a path to be followed intently, for even the most devoted can lose the way. But of those who have spoken of you? Almost all are fundamentally happy to have another to stand with them. I only ask that you be happy that we stand with you, as well."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I definitely am," Seira responds, although it gets her thinking. She's been relying a lot more on Celestia out of the heavens, and while she got together with Arvandor's finest recently a few of her friends could use a friendly hello. Lady Honeydip, she decides. Time to give her a Sending and see about a little get-together!

Anastasia

A pause. Pistis Sophia goes still, calmness spreading like rippling waves across a pond. "Barachiel has just received word from representatives of the Grand Sultan. I believe the same word would be reaching the Cauldron now, if not already."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Rather than ask immediately, Seira relies on her avatar's presence at the Cauldron to see just what the Sultan has in mind.

Anastasia

You're just getting word of a messenger arriving under the flag of truce at the Cauldron.

This is just breaking and being sorted out. If you wanna shift focus to your avatar awhile to deal with this feel free.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"One is just arriving," she tells Pistis Sophia. "What is the missive Celestia received?"

Once she tells me, I'll switch to the Cauldron to receive the messenger in a throne room.

Anastasia

"That the Grand Sultan wishes to meet with several figures of the recent conflict," Pistis Sophia says, "Your name is included."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If that's all, then it's fine to handle it OOC.

"A bold move," Seira notes. "One I hadn't imagined the Sultan would make, especially given the greeting I received during my last visit to Fire and afterwards, via Sanzha. I must applaud him. May I ask who Celestia will send?"

The location is something she will learn of soon enough, although it would be interesting if it is neutral.

Anastasia

"Barachiel will attend for the Hebdomad. Beyond that he has requested Duke Moore, as he has made multiple efforts against the efreet and has ties to Aurora." Pistis Sophia says, "So three in total and each allowed two attendants, along with honor guards." Pistis Sophia says. "As Romiel was involved in the planning, Barachiel plans to bring him as one of his two, should the invitations be accepted."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I will be there," Seira assures her. "Perhaps you might even choose to attend with Barachiel, alongside Romiel?"

Anastasia

"Perhaps I will," Pistis Sophia agrees, "Who will you bring?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I intend to ask an old friend from the Court of Start, the honorable Lady Honeydip," Seira responds. "As for the other, it would depend on the location and conditions. Perhaps Afina would consent to taking a short break from her sabbatical?"

Anastasia

A slight nod to that and from there...

Anything else to add here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Upon returning to the Cauldron, Seira indeed uses a modified Sending free of its usual constraints to her friend!

'Lady Honeydip, my old comrade and lovely almost-stepmother, would you deign to stop by for a visit at the Cauldron? Amaryl and I would love to have you over!'