News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'Oh, I can make it over. When?' Is the answe ryou get.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

'I will be ready shortly,' Lady Honeydip sends right back to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira is all too happy to wait for Honeydip, and during so decides to meditate on the stone she received from Pistis Sophia.

Anastasia

Right now it is a simple stone, pale blue with milky white bands. In it you can feel the potential for insight, ready to be shaped and controlled.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira tries to shape and control it! Since it's not something she has a clear notion of, doing what feels right and learning from that seems to be the way to go.

Anastasia

You feel it ready, but you also feel it's waiting for you to guide it more. To guide that insight, waiting for your purposeful touch.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Gold would go fabulously well with blue and white, and Seira places the concepts from the Fire of Creation into the stone. It is a curious thing, Goldenfire, such a core part of her permeating her every being while being the basis for her fire magic and shaping her draconic attributes. And yet, she hadn't been born with it. Rather, assimilation of Goldenfire and its high compatibility with her nature made it possible, just as it would be with the potential of the stone.

She further tries to refine the concept, to try and see it go towards heights she had only seen and not personally experienced. A more perfect merger of Fire and Good, leaving the innocent untouched while savaging the guilty. A fire that heals the needy, that creates from without and counters Shar's nihilism and entropy.

Anastasia

Honest question: How does goldenfire blasting really tie into insight here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Goldenfire is concept first and foremost, being the Fire of Creation as stated. Seira has internalized the ideas fairly well despite it being foreign to her originally (as seen from her Fire and Good subtypes and her ability to apply it to her SLAs, magic, breath weapon and grandfathered fire manipulation which parallels light manipulation). At the same time, her understanding of it isn't perfect, so she always seeks further insights to bring it to aforementioned greater/truer heights.

So she is the stone! And if it represents her, then Goldenfire should be a key part of it. Since it creates rather than destroys, it can join the stone's existence without harming it, unless it's a weird EVIL stone.

Anastasia

You can feel the stone adjusting to the concept of goldenfire that you push into it, slowly starting to show flecks of gold along it as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Another guiding principle is the concept of relying on others. Seira, despite her great power and greater still potential, truly believes she is much stronger with the help of her friends and allies, and tries to teach that lesson to those of her faithful who would listen. It's not easy to have that sort of relationship with a stone, but if Seira thinks of it as a symbiosis where they both try to gain inspiration from one another, hence pushing each other to new insights, that would be one of the purest ways for her to express her potential!

Anastasia

You clearly have a strong idea here, so why not give me some tentative stats and design for what you have in mind?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I have this thing!

Todesurteil: This lantern sheds life draining green light in a thirty foot radius. Each round a being is exposed to it, they suffer one point of vile consitution drain. This can only be healed by a Restoration spell cast in a sanctified area.

It got me thinking that I could make my stone radiate Goldenfire in a radius around it with the miraculous features of burning evil with no resistance/immunity while ignoring neutral and healing good, that's extra strong vs Shar and her servants and has a similar effect to Words of Creation. Finally, since the theme is bonds (reflected via Nodes and in Bonds the sword) it could grow stronger/imbue those who are righteous and within its range with some of its power, with myself having the strongest link to it. Eventually, I'd like it to grow into an artifact that I could use in tandem with my SDAs such as Battle Metamagic and Burning Spirit (and perhaps Protect the Innocent as well) and accomplish wondrous things like the Phoenix Fire or Martyr's Kiss spells.

Anastasia

Okay, I think you're way overshooting 'stone with insight' into something else here, Cor.  This isn't really remotely tied insight at all thematically and is going farther than I thought you were going to. So let's take a breath here and refocus around that.

You want to put goldenfire in it. That's your thing so fair enough. How would that manifest around a stone tied to insight, introspection, those sort of things?
<Afina> Forever.