Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'Have you selected that high priestess yet? Last I heard you were still thinking about it.' Amaryl says.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

'I'll see if I can do that now,' Seira responds. 'No reason to delay it further!'
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

'I'll join you. Do you have the information you need?' Amaryl asks back.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'A few prospects, but I also have a few key duties and positions to fulfill, so choosing is hard.'

Anastasia

'We can go over them,' Amaryl says. 'I'll be on the outside balcony in 5 minutes. Tell me what positions and duties you need, first?'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'First is a priestess I intend to place in charge of my efforts on our Prime. It's time for me to go global there, beyond dealing with an assortment of local matters,' Seira responds. She's right outside, so getting to the balcony is instantaneous. 'Then, one to help guide Lifasa from our seat of power in the university town. Finally, I want to have two stationed in the Cauldron permanently. A high priestess to direct the clergy and coordinate the administrative matters of the Temple, and one more hands on to take on matters of trade with our partners across the planes, and be available should we need to make an excursion requiring such a level of divine magic.'

Anastasia

Amaryl is there as you finish, "Those are all high positions," she agrees, "You'll need only the most capable of your flock."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Which makes them the most powerful ones by necessity, except someone who I trained in person like Emily," Seira tells her with a shrug. "I do have a few prospects, but given I intend to institute some organizational changes at the same time I want to have the best person for the job, just like I have Jannel to handle Malana's Prime."

Anastasia

"He'll do fine with that," Emily agrees, "So do you have a list of the prospects?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira places a crystal in mid-air between them, and it projects her final candidates for the two of them.

Anastasia

"Let's see," Amaryl says, reading.

"The first is Laurenal Smythe," Amaryl's voice stays steady as she reads aloud, "Half elf native to Pallanth, became intrigued with your legends as word of the Crimson Guard spread. A devoted to you, a natural with divine magic and channeling it, also an accomplished hunter and archer. I like her already," This gets a slight smile from Amaryl as she reads. "Got entangled in dealing with a Malarite cult she generally succeeded in rooting out, though some fragments did manage to flee beyond her reach."

A pause as she reads further, "She only has one mark against her. She went too far on an enemy that wanted to honorably surrender, but it was both personal and she atoned afterwards. She's strong, gregarious and a natural people person. Likeable is the word I think fits."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I did something like that before," Seira muses. "Alicia accepted Antenora's surrender, but I hadn't, so I was going with our original plan of putting down the devil incursion. She had the right of it, though at the time I was pretty pissed off at giving one of the devils an escape." She shrugs, saying, "I learned from it, I like to think, and it allowed me to take chances. Some failed, like with Neve. Some worked, like with Oraga."

Refocusing on Laurenal's image, Seira adds, "She mirrors me well enough to lead the church, and if she were here I could curb any youthful indiscretions and help set her on the right path. But I have a great deal more for our Prime in store, too. It's hard to decide."

Anastasia

"It works for and against her," Amaryl agrees, "We're strong at home but we don't want to focus too much there. I'm pondering the same conundrum. I think she'd be a fine choice, but let me read the others. Unless you have anything to add about her?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira gestures for Amaryl to go on.

Anastasia

"Ranbar of Aryn," Amaryl reads off next, "Aasimar, a native of a small settlement in Air, came across a traveler who spoke of Seira and who later saved Ranbar's life. A traditional cleric along with some skill at diplomacy, but ultimately an introvert. A strong student and magical theorist. She's a quiet, dedicated sort of faith. Not so good at recruiting but strong in a support role. Hm. She'd make a good librarian," Amaryl observes as she turns the page, "No marks against her. Steady." A pause, "Boring," she admits, "But she seems steady and sincere."

A look up at you, "Is she actually boring in person, or is that just the impression this gives? Being quiet doesn't mean your boring."
<Afina> Forever.