News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

The idea of goldenfire is itself serving as insight, and I detailed what that idea is to me. What more do you want me to say? I tried elaborating how that might go, but if you disagree then that's that.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

It's cool, these things happen. The perils of using text to communicate, y'know?

Anyway, less that and more you way overshot it here, got away from insight. I wanted to see where you were at there.

It's a stone with powers about insight. It should be tied to insight. Like, I don't know, the stone helps the holder learn about goldenfire or something like that. Or a deeper understanding of it and a bonus on Knowledge checks on it and a few related things. Based on how and why it was made there could be an offensive aspect to it certainly. And again, it could certainly grow in time into something more.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

The stone helps the holder learn more about goldenfire allowing them to perfect their use of it, and teaches them the philosophical ideas of goldenfire. I started with that, I believe.

Anastasia

Stone of Goldenfire

This stone was given to Seira Aryn after a successful spar against Pistis Sophia. It is soaked in the insight of the misty hills of Solania and bolstered by the flames that eternally burn with Seira. The stone is small enough to comfortably fit within a human's closed hand and is primarily blue with bands of milky white as well as large flecks of gold.

When held by a good aligned creature or a worshiper of Seira, the stone grants a +15 insight bonus to any Knowledge checks about goldenfire.  Additionally, they find the ideas and philosophy of goldenfire spoken to them over time, heard in their mind and teaching them more about it. This can lead the holder to discover goldenfire and how to use it safely. They gain a +4 bonus to any checks to learn or master goldenfire, or against any saving throws from it, including any provoked from trying to learn it. 

A neutral creature that holds the stone gains no benefit unless they worship Seira. An evil creature that holds or touches the stone takes 3d10 points of goldenfire damage. This damage is taken per round if the stone is held. There is no saving throw against this damage, but it ends once the stone is no longer held. If the holder of the stone is slain by a non good creature, that creature automatically takes 3d10 goldenfire damage.

Seira can provoke this goldenfire damage at will if she holds the stone. Doing so for her is a swift action.

Backend Stuff

Seira understands the stone perfectly and can discern where it is at any time (barring the actions of other deities or certain rare situations).

This stone is tied to the hope of someone who refuses to give up, even in an impossible battle. Should it be held by a good creature who willingly submits to and embraces evil in battle, the stone will be shattered and destroyed.

In time Seira could adjust the powers of the stone or even change it further within theme. This would require hands on time with the stone but allows customization. This will get harder the more its used, so if you want to change something, soonest is best. Right now the artifact is remade and reborn, in a phase where change is possible.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

With a thought to a recent present from her good friend Alicia, Seira meditates on making a final alteration, further inspired by the notion that 21 is the battle for the fate of a soul. If she were to attend to replicate that feat, not in grandeur but in concept, and embedded the forsaken charm into the stone while leaving it to future holders to use insights from it to restore the hope lost to that poor soul....

Anastasia

You're sure you'd need to purify the charm first.

Paste me the stats on the charm real quick?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Forsaken Charm: +1 profane bonus to caster level of spells. Said to be made by the death of hope in a soul.

Anastasia

Yeah, purifying that would be handwave territory for a deity.

Generally something a deity has to make an effort for has to be something worthy of them and worthy of them going on a quest.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira makes her way to the Temple of the Golden Flame. There, in the fire, she purifies the charm and fuses it with the stone, entrusting the battle for the hope in that soul to her followers. She could overwhelm a mortal soul, that is true. But would that have meaning, or would it be similar to Asmodeus having the right words to convince Zariel to serve him from a position of infinite power over her?

Were her followers the ones to get through to that discouraged soul, that would have greater meaning, Seira is certain. And thus, she decides that the first holder of the Stone of Goldenfire should be Jannel as he heads for the mortal kingdom of Malana. There, he could pass it over to Annerose or handle that burden himself. Seira will trust in them.

Anastasia

So going to pass it over there and let that hash itself out?

Any particular goals you want to add there or anything like that?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

My reasoning is that Malana was a brink from disaster, and still is in a bad spot despite the tireless efforts of a few adventurers. So if Malana is saved, that would be enough to demonstrate the strength of hope.

Anastasia

Sounds like a plan!

In the event we return to B5, this may be relevant. Go over to B5's nagging topic and post the info about this over there? Thanks. We'll resume here after that, lemme know in a post.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

With that send off and done?

'Seira,' Amaryl sends to you, 'You were talking about your clergy again?'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin