A guest of the efreet

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2018, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"My point, Lord Dustfire, is that if you remain inflexible in your views, you can never attain the perfection that you think you aspire to." He says. "If you learn nothing from the experience of being here, then I hope you learn this: The future of Creation lies in the hands of mortals, it lies in mortals achieving greater things than anyone thinks is possible."

Moore clears his throat. "There are those that would never have seen a fey as working within the halls of Celestia's greatest archons. My point is this: Everything is impossible, until it isn't anymore. Please consider that while you're here."

He looks to Cresiel with an apologetic smile that seems to ask if he's done here.

Anastasia

Cresiel turns and goes without further commend, Dustfire watching the two of you as Cresiel leaves.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore turns and follows after Cresiel, and once he's away enough;

"I'm not going to lower myself to their standards of insults of the people they respect, even considering how abhorrent they might be." Moore says. "I apologize if it was offensive to you, nonetheless."

Anastasia

"The truth does not hide itself because it is politically convenient," Cresiel says stiffly, "Moore, Beezlebub is cut from the same cloth as Taelfagn or Lixer. Are you content praising such a being?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore shakes his head. "I think you're misunderstanding. I am not praising them because I think they're figures that deserve such, but you can't deny their accomplishments or the paths they took to get there, twisted as they are. To ignore them or pretend they're invalid makes us as weak as they are, it makes us fall prey to the same way of thinking, of exclusion because it doesn't meet the way we think."

A smile afterwards. "It's fine if you disagree with my way of thinking, I just think... mm... I think if we choose to not understand, or choose not to see things except in black and white, that we may miss an opportunity to help make a situation better, that's all."

Anastasia

"They're and they've fallen far to reach the bottom of the pile of rotting filth that is Hell," Cresiel agrees with that much, expression stern, "Yes, I agree that Beelzebub is a superb murderer for all the rivals he has dispatched. Taelfagn's enslavement of Lifasa was an accomplishment that is a feather in his cap. Some things are black and white, Moore, and the sins of such beings are the blackest of blacks."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Then I'll be the eternal optimist." Moore says with a bright smile. "What would you do if Eblis eventually atoned for what he did?" 

Anastasia

"Thanks Chronias for such a miracle," Cresiel says without missing a beat. "Because it would come in spite of his eons of deeds, not because of them."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I know." Moore says. "But up or down, the paths are paved by your own actions. Come, let's see who else we can find."

Take 10 for 80 again, using the "avoid suspicion" part of things.

Anastasia

You end up admiring a portrait of a tall, strapping efreet. He is barechested and muscular, wearing simple pants and with a scimitar at his side. Fire is all around him, broken armies as he stands there, triumphant. His expression is one of unearthly determination, as if he can see all of Creation's problems and solve through sheer willpower.

"Duke Moore, Cresiel," Vel Custos strides up, Cerulean Joy a step behind him.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Ah!" Moore turns and offers a bow. "Authorities." He greets them.

Anastasia

"Duke," Cerulean Joy smiles, "How do you like it here?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You know, I think my time in Mineral spoiled me. I can't see riches like this I just can't be impressed. Well, Jovar is cheating, of course, but..." Moore smiles after that. "This all just seems... fake, in some ways, to me. It doesn't seem like this is how it genuinely is around here, if that makes sense."

Anastasia

"It's a pretty mask over an ugly face," Vel Custos remarks, a hand going to his own face.

"Beloved," Cerulean Joy murmurs, a hand going up to join his. "It's to make an impression, not to show the truth. As my beloved husband would say, much like his own golden mask."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods.

"That makes sense." Moore agrees. "How about the both of you? Do you normally attend these sorts of... meetings?" He asks. "My apologies for my ignorance on the subject."