Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Seira laughs. "More like locked up in a laboratory or talking about glorious adventures instead of heading out in the world. But fate'll draw Emily out kicking and screaming soon enough."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"So she's more of a scholar?" Hanna asks, "Emily, that is." Adjusting her axe again, "I heard she's trained to fight Sharrans, but that sounds more like Kascha."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Yeah I don't know where I went wrong," Seira admits with a shrug. "I thought I was tailoring the training the girls got towards what they liked, on top of the obvious necessary life skills everyone should have. But maybe I misread her desires a bit. Perhaps she would've been happier as a traveling bard or a multi-discipline factotum than a paladin?"

She shrugs again, adding, "In the end, we've got plenty of time. If we don't find the right path, we retrain ourselves until the world makes sense again. I was plenty into glory back while starting out, but that's all changed by now."

Anastasia

To this Hanna's smiling, "Want some advice?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Always! You've clearly raised a planar success story! Angharradh is so proud~"

Anastasia

This gets Hanna to laugh, a wry sound, "Jaela and I didn't get along for some time. In fact, I didn't raise her, circumstances meant I had to leave her to be raised by others. Then we both end up on Aurora and I find out she's dating a vampire who I'd had previous problems with."

Taking a long sigh out, "Children do what they want, it's part of growing up. Sometimes you have to throw your hands up, try and prevent the worst and let them blunder along. No matter how badly it goes for them. It's common advice to the point of being a cliche, but it's so completely true. Jaela figured it out in the end and we're reconciled, but it wasn't a smooth a road as I hoped it would be."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You know, I was ready for all that?" Seira muses, deciding to focus on that rather than the delicate matter of vampires given Aurora's current Crusade. "I'm mostly annoyed that a bullshit higher force is preventing me from having a hand in it. I guess I get how you must've felt? But to hit on one of the few restrictions I actually have is something I haven't really accepted yet, so it'd remain a pain for the foreseeable future."

Anastasia

"I felt the same about Annalise. I couldn't get Jaela to see the light on her. It's hard to accept what we can't fix for them, or when they won't walk a good path we've cleared for them. It's too easy to see them as children, dependent on us and needing us to nurture them." Hanna's smile is a little bittersweet.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Still, you know... saving someone is the best feeling. Even if it takes forever, and there's no great proclamation of how they were wrong, but just one day they look back and they're a different person and they're happy with that."

Anastasia

"The problem is getting to that-"

Hanna is cut off by a loud draconic roar, echoing amid the courtyard.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Even Alicia doesn't have a hundred percent success rate," Seira commiserates, undaunted by the draconic roaring. "Sometimes we try to do everything right and still fail. Shame your daughter didn't have luck on her side."

Anastasia

"I don't think there was any reaching that one, not with what she was." Hanna adds, and then stops. Another roar, this one clear. A roar of draconic triumph, of draconic victory. Moments later Baleruk emerges from his lair, soaring above Aurora. Riding him is Donald, and in his wake, Baleruk leaves a wide spread trail of dust, rainbow hued dust. Rather similar to pixie dust on a glance, at least visually, minus the array of colors.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

This image, too, Seira shares with Amaryl.

"I think there's always a chance. In fact, that's pretty much what I stand for. Will, however, or luck? That's different." Pointing at the flying dragon, Seira muses, "That's also different, speaking of. Is the dragon pixie dust new? Kascha never mentioned that."

Anastasia

'What is Donald doing?!' Amaryl sends back, 'Is that Baleruk?'

"That's....new to me," Hanna finally says, as everything shades rainbow colors where the dust lands, changing hue and vibrancy to a riot of colors.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"New experiences are great!" Seira tells her cheerfully, giving Donald a thumbs up.