News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"First of all, I'd like to requisition more soldiers," Jarem says, "Even with drawing in manpower, there's only so much that can be done in any reasonable time frame. If Shar moves, we won't have a reasonable time frame."

The Red Knight ponders this a moment, "Oh ho. How many do you two need, then?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa raises an eyebrow, "He hasn't consulted me about this, so I have no inkling."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"We did discuss it," Jarem says, meeting your gaze. "Did we not?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I believe you said we needed more manpower, but nothing about specific numbers... But then, I might have forgotten between trying to create a nation and all."

I genuinely don't remember if he mentioned this or not.

Anastasia

It came up if briefly, I do believe it fell between the wickets a bit. That's okay, these things happen.

The Red Knight smiles, a rather sardonic look. "Do you and Alyssa need a few moments, Jarem?"

Jarem shoots you a look, one half annoyed and the other half chagrined. "Could we have a moment?"

In that instant the Red Knight is gone, giving you privacy.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I didn't mean to counter you in front of her, but I don't recall anything about specific numbers. Between creating the proposition for the new country and figuring out how to deal with new land, I'm not sure how many more soldiers we actually need. If we don't expand as fast as we expect, then we fall short in space and supplies. If we expand too much, we have soldiers in empty areas. We haven't figured out the specifics yet."

Anastasia

Jarem takes a long breath and slowly rubs his face, "Let's go with that. How about another 100?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Where would you house them, first off? And what would they do? There's still massive logistical and bureaucratic work to be done. I haven't even tried to raise the land yet, or plan out where to put it. I need to work with Ianvasash to plan it out for the best effect for aquatic development, and then run it by one of your battle engineers for defensive placements... 100 might actually be the right number, but I think it may be too soon. I also think we might need fewer soldiers and more engineers to do construction, supply, and development. The new land won't exactly be rife with hostile life... Oh speaking of, remind me to write a spell to turn the volcanic rock into soil..."

Anastasia

Jarem takes a long breath out, "Fine." he says, voice tight. "What of the bond, while we're talking about these things?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"That is something we definitely need to get help with. That sort of power... There's not much for lore that I can imagine. It's all experience and insight. And it came from Io, so the gods will have more knowledge about it. Though, a dragon god might be a better source. I don't suppose the Red Knight takes tea with Bahamut?"

Anastasia

"She may have," Jarem says, "Is there anything else before we look like bigger idiots?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, what else did you want to discuss with her, specifically? You didn't go over the points with me, so I thought they'd likely be more related to theological concerns and things that directly impacted her."

Anastasia

"I thought we had an understanding here," Jarem says, then takes another breath out. He closes his eyes a few moments, "Let's just talk about the bond, see where it goes."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "Please do."

Anastasia

Thus the Red Knight returns, "A failure of strategy and communication," she observes, "Have you fixed and learned from your mistakes?"
<Afina> Forever.