News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Before you is darkness, all around you silence.

Your presence stirs everything around you. Reality shifts, twisting. You feel the planes adjust, change before you and becoming more.

Before you is a golden gateway, shining bright, leading into some sort of labyrinth, a great maze of sturdy stone walls glimpsed within.

"So it is the Dragon Princess who has made it this far." The voice is perfect and without expression, calm and placid. Wise in a way you cannot describe. "Of the five chosen groups, three leaders must come and may each bring a single of their supporters, as well as a seventh who must be Sylian's chosen."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Don't underestimate a wizard's curiosity!" Seira says brightly, despite recent events. She can compartmentalize with the best of them! "I can make those conditions. Will tomorrow be suitable? Also, could you please tell me whether you're the Ninefold Dragon? Forgive my ignorance, but I do want to know who it is I am addressing, especially when they know me."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"It has been a long time since one called me that name," The voice replies. "Come when you and those with you are prepared. The purpose of this is to test and prepare you, those who hold the hope of Creation in their hands. Come as you truly are, not a mere projection. This will be no light test."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Of course. This is why I named tomorrow, for I can go right now, but I wouldn't wish to put my friends in danger if they need their rest," Seira says, her heart fluttering. "Can you tell us what to expect, even in general terms? A similar setup to what I am familiar with from Balmuria's God-King ruins? And what restrictions on us are there within? Is Chronomancy off the table like with much of Creation? And, and can Alicia and I come in person or do we need to use our avatars, because I don't think this is a Prime anymore but wouldn't want to risk it on a maybe."

Anastasia

"Come as you truly are," The voice agrees, "You have your full powers, for you will need them, but forbidden magic is still forbidden. There is no point in testing you in what you will not use."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Just... one more question, before I leave to prepare. If we pass your test... I have so much to ask, about dragons, prismatics and Shar, could I get to ask you all of that then? When you know you're not wasting your time educating me?"

Anastasia

"Reach me and I shall tell you what you wish to know, save for what is not my story to tell." The voice declares. "This will be no simple challenge, be prepared to the utmost."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Getting her excitement under control, Seira executes a flawless curtsy and returns her avatar to the Cauldron.

Anastasia

Locking this thread for now, then.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

---

Thus everyone gathers at the Cauldron, ready to go and...

Set yourselves up and note any spells you want to precast, if applicable. Talk it out OOC here if you need to. Once that's done, I'll do NPC spoiler blocks and we'll get this rolling.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Aside from her own buffs, Alicia casts the following on Antenora
Nondetection (CL 33, DC 44 CL to beat)
Greater heroism (CL 32, +20 temp hp, +4 morale attack/saves/skills)
Death ward (CL 32, immunity to negative energy and energy drain)
Mind blank (CL 33, immunity to divinations/enchantments)

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 632+20/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33), many moments of prescience (CL 32), extended repelling shield (CL 33), keen edge (CL 32), sensual blessing (CL 32), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32), greater heroism (CL 32), death ward (CL 32), divine insight (CL 32)
Defences: AC 74 (touch 36), CMD 85, spell resistance 46, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale attack/saves/skills
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/21/11/7

Corwin

Seira's avatar helpfully casts a few spells before the seven of them set off!

On everyone:
All spells here are to be precast before leaving home [CL 33]. They are shared with all party members unless explicitly refused.

Glorious Rally, Celestial Valor, Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell), Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Superior Vigor (per round spell), True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport, Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon, Good Hope, Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all), Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

One-Off Spells: Sign (+4 untyped to init/once), Divine Insight (1hr/level, +15 insight/once), Greater Improvisation (10min/level, 99 luck points/16 point cap per use)

On Seira only:
Bibliotheca Arcana, Sensual Blessing, Mind Blank, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience

Chain Dispell channeled into Dragon's Grace

Nephrite

Moore will use all of his bardic musics on everyone. These all linger for a total of 11 minutes, so it should get us through a few things to start.

In total, the songs give the following benefits:

Attack: +30 (+18 morale, +8 competence, +4 untyped)
Weapon damage: +22 (+18 morale, +4 untyped)
AC: +12 (12 dodge)
Saving throws: +12 (12 morale)
Improved Crit Feat, +15 to threat confirmation rolls.

Moore is casting the following on himself:

Righteous Halo
Ray Deflection

Ebiris

Alicia passes on the Seiravatar buffs.

Alicia: 632+20/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33), many moments of prescience (CL 32), extended repelling shield (CL 33), keen edge (CL 32), sensual blessing (CL 32), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32), greater heroism (CL 32), death ward (CL 32), divine insight (CL 32), extended ray deflection (CL 33)
Defences: AC 86 (touch 48), CMD 123, spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills, +18 morale attack, +8 competence attack, +4 untyped attack, +18 morale damage, +4 untyped damage, +12 dodge AC, +12 morale saves, +15 crit confirmations
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/21/11/7

Corwin

Adding Ray Deflection on self.

Changes for Seira:

66 temp hp
+34 Attack: +18 morale +4 sacred +8 competence +4 untyped
+26 Damage: +18 morale +4 sacred +4 untyped
+27 Touch AC: +12 dodge/Moore +2 dodge/VotF +5 sacred/SoW +2 insight/Foresight +6 morale/CG
+35 Incorporeal AC: +8 ghost touch armor +12 dodge/Moore +2 dodge/VotF +5 sacred/SoW +2 insight/Foresight +6 morale/CG
+32 AC: +5 natural armor/dragonskin +12 dodge/Moore +2 dodge/VotF +5 sacred/SoW +2 insight/Foresight +6 morale/CG
+16 Saves: +12 morale/Moore +4 sacred/CV
+19 Ref Save: +1 more sacred/SoW +2 insight/Foresight +Saves
17-20 Dragon's Grace crit range, 19-20 natural attacks crit range, Chain Dispell channeled into Dragon's Grace, +2d6 damage vs evil

Active spells: Glorious Rally, Celestial Valor, Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell), Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Superior Vigor (per round spell), True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight, Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport, Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon, Good Hope, Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all), Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning, Sign, Divine Insight, Greater Improvisation, Bibliotheca Arcana, Sensual Blessing, Mind Blank, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Ray Deflection