News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It's going to be apocalyptic, because Io told me Celestia's going bright." The dragon explains, tail thrashing a bit, coins clattering beneath it. "Everyone's going to try and stop Shar, I think, and no way it's going to be anything but ugly, brutal and vicious, and even then there will be some infighting and a few depraved sorts who throw in with Shar, but I don't know details, just what I can gain from speculation, because really, that's the simplest speculation there is, and some parts are odd too, but Creation's secrets are hard to get out, but it's not hard to imagine how bad this is going to be as things ramp up further, and hey, at least it'll hopefully work since someone has to have the solution in stopping the Prophecy."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Do you know what's going on with Celestia?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Only that it's getting brighter, but really that's the hard part since no one can look into Chronias, because it's just too bright and if you get too close you never come back and really, that's the problem but nonetheless we go on but maybe that's the point of faith, believing without knowing, putting your belief into it and standing strong, rather than needing that confirmation, than to put it to the test, and I really hope everyone there's right and Chronias can fix things, since if you asked anyone there they'd say that."

Amid the verbal onslaught Antenora sends to Alicia, 'Verbose. I feel like there's a shortage of words remaining for all of us just listening to him, because he uses them all.'

Oberuth stands and listens, not getting involved while Jetina muses, "It can, I know it can. If you ever went to the Bridge of Al-Sihal, you'd understand. Everyone that's come that close in Celestia has no doubts about it."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira shuffles awkwardly in place, having come to the bridge and not really been convinced herself.

"Right," she tells her fellow dragon. "Brass, any insights into the elemental planes, perhaps? I'm actually in the middle of a war with slavers, so that's the efreet, dao and then there's the evil elemental princes who are in it for the kicks."

Anastasia

"Oh, you got into a war?" The dragon asks, "Tell me, what kind of war? A big war it sounds like, but is it really that big and who all is involved, and the problem with elemental wars is that everyone gets involved, so that it spreads and because good and evil meddle in the elemental planes that's a thing, and that draws in everyone else and it's always such a headache when elemental wars spread beyond the elemental planes, isn't it, but I bet someone like you has a plan to solve it, don't you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"In short, all of Air is behind me and all of Water is keeping out of it on Istishia's orders. On Earth and Fire, the situation is about as I described, though the forces of elemental good and the xorn are supporting me. Celestia's also involved, as is the Court of the Stars and a few other planar players like Lathander. Eblis aside, devils haven't really stepped in just yet, though it's probably a matter of time. As for my plans, they're amenable to any advantage that I might find. It seems like the Grant Sultan used Eblis's knowledge to get past Celestia's defenses and strike at Lunia directly, so anything you've heard that helps us return the favor is welcome."

Nephrite

Moore just quietly marvels that it seems like this dragon's vice is simply not knowing how to be terse.

Anastasia

"Hmmmmmmm, hmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm," A long consideration at that, "Have you tried making a spell that would douse all of Fire in a flood of water?"

A beat that before he goes on, "No no, of course that wouldn't work, but unfortunately my knowledge is all academic here, what I'm told and what I learn is what I have, as like the others I'm here and not outside, even if my guard's most devout in his efforts, but he's a good sort." Brass snorts out softly, "Though I heard somewhere you and Alicia came from the same city? How unlikely is that? Two risen and both who know each other, though I heard there's another one named Sulia, and she sounds pretty in that way humans are, and really I'd like to meet humans more often because I'm told making half dragons is quite fun, but it's bad form to just ask someone if they want to."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Plenty of heroes hail from Balmuria," Seira agrees, grinning at Oberuth. "A shame you don't know about some secret way into the City of Brass or something, would've been pretty fitting for your name. So since the niceties had been preserved, are we supposed to fight you too?"

Anastasia

Oberuth returns that smile while Brass laughs, "You are, you are! Thank you for sitting there and listening to me, it's been far too long since I've had anyone new to talk to, and Io just vanishes when he's done talking rather than listening, it's so annoying, but he does it because he has important things to do and rarely lingers on things, though I think he's learned ways to be even better at it while he was away, since he seems even smarter and quicker now."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Who doesn't want to be smarter and faster, right? And prettier and stronger and sturdier, while they're at it!"

Anastasia

"Right?" Brass laughs and flares his wings out, "Now are you all ready or do you need to prepare, because I know this is a formality and a test for you, so we don't need make it too unpleasant."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm ready! State the terms of the battle, if you please?"

Anastasia

"To the death. My demise means nothing here," Brass says, rearing back to breathe as...!!!

Init.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[16:49] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+40
[16:49] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 45 > [d20=5]