News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Commander Oberuth flicks his blade clean of dragon blood, "West. Eliminate the possible path backwards."

Antenora glides over and lands, withholding comment.

"Okay, so who was Kondrux?" Jetina pipes up, "Some sort of dragon?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

"Far superior," Antenora agrees, "Were these that strong, or is Io testing us?" She pauses, as if lost in thought, "Surely testing us."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It was before Alicia's time so she lets Seira and Oberuth field that one.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 632+60/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 31 hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 63m), keen edge (CL 32, 317m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 29m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 29m), greater heroism (CL 32, 29m), death ward (CL 32, 29m), divine insight (CL 32, 32 hrs), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 63m)
Defences: AC 86 (touch 48), CMD 123, spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills, +18 morale attack, +8 competence attack, +4 untyped attack, +18 morale damage, +4 untyped damage, +12 dodge AC, +12 morale saves, +15 crit confirmations
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/21/21/7/7

Corwin

"Kondrux was this ancient blue dragon that was sleeping in the mountains near Balmuria. And one day, he shows up at our doorstep after adventurers wake him up, tossing the sole survivor at our feet and demanding tribute." Seira grins, showing her teeth. "He got his, though we had to break the planar barriers our Prime had placed around it at the time to do it. It's actually got me started on my path to dragonhood."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Oooooh..." Jetina murmurs slowly. "I think I understand the way Kaja's eyes get a little glassy when Cresiel and I talk about Aurora too long."

"Compared to them, Kondrux wasn't even a wyrmling." Oberuth notes, glancing at the bodies. No sign of movement from any of them.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Ajan is the best dragon there, anyway," Seira states. "Let's head West? You lead, I'm right behind you."

Ebiris

Alicia joins this Westward course!

Anastasia

The path extends ahead, curving and swirling into nothingness. Nothing at all is ahead, no walls, nothing. It is utter oblivion beyond, save for one thing. A golden sphere floats here, the color of a polished gold coin. It floats about 5ft off the ground like the previous spheres.

"Io likes circles," Amaryl murmurs, "Unity, togetherness. That one's pretty. What does it do?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I think it's my color, so let's find out!" Seira says cheerfully, reaching to tap it.

Anastasia

Before you nothingness expands to all - and then you see it. True mountains of golden coins, rivers of platinum and silver pieces. Deserts of coppers, skies of gemstones and entire cities of magical weapons, armor and items.

"One of you step forward, one who wishes for a boon from my hoard." Io's voice is heard. "Come you who are deserving, worthy and needy."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I wonder if this is a test of character?" Alicia wonders. "In any case I hardly consider myself the neediest among us, therefore I abstain," she concludes without stepping forward.

Corwin

"So it sort of is, but also isn't?" Seira shrugs, hanging back.

Nephrite

"Those characteristics are rather at odds with each other, aren't they?" Moore says. "It's that last bit that doesn't sit right with me -- I don't think any of us who've come this far would be considered 'needy'... Hm." A shake of his head. "Maybe I'm overthinking it."

Anastasia

"To profess honest need is not a failure of character or a sign of greed," Antenora says, staying where she is. "I am not in need, I will abstain as well."

Amaryl stays right where she is. "I think we're all deserving and worthy, but I don't have the need. Seira's taken very good care of my needs and I've worked to improve them."

Jetina looks down, "What do you think, Moore? I'm not as well equipped as some others."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore considers what everyone else says before he hums once.

"I think I agree with you." Moore speaks up with a nod to Jetina. "If it's a matter of being 'in need' while also meeting the other criteria, I think you should go ahead. Especially since it sounds like everyone else is content with what they have."