News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Island raiser

Started by Anastasia, January 08, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, any prep or anyone there for this island raising, Alyssa? Going to make a thing of it or just have it happen?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Well, prep a better response plan for giant monsters. Also warn the nixie's. Hate for them to get caught in it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay. We don't need to go into super details, but what's your idea for a better response plan there?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Predesignated evac sites, medical response teams, combat/defense teams. That sort of thing.

Anastasia

Sure, that's largely OOC bait so okay. More coming.

Thus it is the day of the raising. The last words of the spell are to be soon uttered, your magic-weaving nearly at an end as...

Go ahead and set yourself up and the scene around you and I'll begin to elaborate once you do. This is your baby, so feel free to play it up as you like.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa focuses her way through the spell, intent on perfect casting; every syllable, every gesture. As it comes to a close, she turns to those around her.

"And with this, we announce ourselves to the world; not with declaration, or threat, but with new land, new opportunities, and the power to change the face of the world."

Keeping it simple.

Anastasia

The roar of the ocean.

The gush of ocean spray.

The shaking of the ground.

Before your eyes it happens as the crowd watches. Stone rises form the ground, forming rapidly, the island spreading out and newborn, in moments becoming alive, becoming a newborn island in earnest. It is done, rippling waves of stone pushing away water, forming your new island as desired.

Jarem claps while Emily cheers, Ianvasah watching with a solemn expression.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Ianvasah, I'd like you to watch over the development of the life there, to ensure everything goes the right way."

Anastasia

"It's a remarkable opportunity," she agrees, leaping to the air and becoming an eagle, flying off towards the island.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I think she might be torn between being happy at new nature, and being upset it wasn't natural."

Anastasia

Jarem laughs a bit, "Druids are druids," he says, "I'm surprised that's not a druidic spell, or maybe druids have their own equivalent."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'm trying to convince her to open a druidic branch of the Order, you know. If it's successful, I might even consider a cleric branch."

Alyssa stares Jarem dead in the eyes.

Anastasia

Jarem doesn't even blink at that, "Yes, and?" Leaving that hanging for just a few moments, "Faith grows the clergy, Alyssa. Not making a branch. If the Red Knight's works take hold here, it'll be because of that and a branch will follow, not because you opened a branch and made it so."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"It can still be studied and improved upon, new miracles created, new spells designed. It's what we specialize in. Why restrict it only to Arcane magic? I thought you'd get defensive and try ward it off a bit more vehemently, and meant to use that as a segue into warning you off of testing Ianvasah on this. She likely doesn't know exactly where she stands on it, and poking her might be poking a bear."

Anastasia

"It's called a graceful feint," Jarem smiles again. "See?"

Emily even smiles a little bit at that, "It's a good one. Let Ianvasah find herself in that."
<Afina> Forever.