News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 71, total 71[/blockquote]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Soon enough Oraga returns and...

Go ahead and set up dealing with him however you wish.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Tell me about your glorious quest!" Seira cheerfully demands.

Anastasia

"The enemy died by my sword. A lot," Oraga says, blandly.
You know Seira, my son. You protected those close to you from her wrath and yet you see now. Watch them and understand, understand the virtue that I believe will triumph in the end. All the empty promises of the court of the opposite mean nothing in light of true, eternal hope.
Amaryl is with you and frowns, "And? There's more to a story than stabbing things."

Oraga considers that and inclines his head forward. "They also burned well."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"That one's a time-honored classic," Seira agrees. "What did Mystra have you do, if that's not a secret? I'm getting the sense of 'protecting people', in between all the swording and burning.

Anastasia

Oraga finally says, "It is no secret, but I would prefer not to talk of it. It was..." he trails off a moment, just a moment. "Complex."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I won't press you," Seira assures him. "Did you hear about Kascha's ascension? Jessica, Alicia's sister, had a similar success recently."

Anastasia

"Unlikely, but you do not lie," Oraga rumbles. "Congratulations."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thanks! I'm sure you'll get your chance to have a chat with our newest goddess, but right now I'm most eager to hit at the efreet. The team will be the two of us and Lagann, if you're up to it."

Anastasia

"I am always ready," Oraga says darkly. "They will be crushed."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Crushing the slavers sounds lovely! It's not long before Seira had gathered Oraga, Lagann, Donald and Amaryl together for a little planning for that happy event.

"I'm thinking that we use magic to allow ourselves to glide through rock and magma, then appear outside of the dimensional travel barrier below our target," she reveals her plan. "Our speed will be boosted, but even so it might take us a while to get there. Our chances will be improved by you sensing the adamantine and other metals, despite their boiling state," she tells Lagann with a nod, "and, perhaps, we'll manage to divert some of that towards our own resources. If you have a variant on bags of holding to drain those we come across, so much the better. If not, we'll simply move them out of the way where possible and go around otherwise."

She taps her lips. "I don't think any of us still need to breathe, so that's not an issue, but we might bring a sizeable amount of potions to grant the same ability with us. There might be those among the slaves who both would be interested to take the fight to the slavers and be able to make a difference, and we should stack the deck in our favor if so."

After that diversion, Seira returns to the overall plan. "As we move through the rock up towards our destination, we will occasionally move horizontally to help me triangulate the source of the dimensional block. That would be our first destination, and we will seize it under the guise of stealth, aided by as much magic as I can manage towards that goal. If Lixer's gate guards failed to spot me with it, this garrison should not give us trouble with that first step, either. From that point on, however, they will learn of our presence. I will use an aura of antimagic and we'll proceed to eliminate the defenders and free the slaves. Facing the reinforcements from the outside will fall on my shoulders, while sending the freed miners will be up to the two of you," she says, nodding at Lagann and Oraga there. "Should the situation become untenable quick quickly, I will cast gates from within my aura of antimagic and we'll abandon dimensional blocking altogether."

Seira pauses after providing this rough outline, intending to see whether her plan has any glaring problems she overlooked.

Via my hat or from Donald, since he knows all the intel we have there.

Anastasia

Oraga nods curtly, "Do they have protections that could dispel or stop our rock gliding?"

Amaryl's quieter as she ponders it all, "Anti magic won't stop myself or Seira, but I could see them using it on others. We'll need to account for that and that there are probably a few dirty tricks to be worried about. They have to know the threat of attacking below with the resources involved in this war."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oraga has just been granted by Mystra the ability to ignore anti-magic," Seira voices. "While I suppose you could proxy Yandrazrt for the same effect, I'm not too worried over anti-magic's dangers to us. And we should have an ace in Yandrazrt's metal sense and control. I doubt the owners prepared for every possibility, however remote, and we weren't even raiding efreet places by the time this one was designed. It would be too expensive to ward against every esoteric power. We might encounter enemies, of course, and I'll keep a watch for mundane and magical traps."

Does my hat see an obvious flaw in my plan?

Anastasia

Your hat comes back with no obvious flaws.

"I can handle myself," the gnome construct agrees, "Let them try. I'll show them why they all feared me, once on a time."
<Afina> Forever.