News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The Battle of Father and Son

Started by Anastasia, May 16, 2019, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Seira checks whether it's a good idea!

Swift action on a self-Divination or Commune (as the spells, whichever makes more sense in this situation) of whether teleporting two miles farther still would end up with her in a teleport trap or similar.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Some thoughts in case Imix actually shows up in person, Seira muses in Donald, Elle and Ranbar's minds.

In the event of combat, our formation would resemble a triangle with about four hundred feet between myself and Elle, and either of us and the pair of Donald and Ranbar. Close enough to assist, but far enough to not get involved in high-tier spells that would require some distance. I would be closest to the enemy forces. Elle, if you're uncomfortable with this deployment now's the time to say so.

Ranbar, I want you to prepare with Moments of Prescience and reserve them for protecting yourself from his spells. Focus on boosting Donald's combat ability with suitable magic and dealing with any flunkies Imix might bring. I don't wish for you to join the melee until I've tried my plans for dealing with him.

Elle, reserve your Time Stops and one of the high-tier Mage Armor spells unless it's a matter of life and death. Use that Surraruthru endurance spell on Ranbar if you were still holding it in reserve. Hold onto the antimagic effect, at least until we see who Imix appears with. Both of you, hoard Orbs, Unseen Needles and any similar spells that ignore spell resistance as jealously as a red dragon, they would be Plan D against Imix.

For completeness's sake, Plan A is me trying to overwhelm his defenses via a so-called Nova attack together with Elle while Donald and Ranbar are in reserve, Plan B is me striking at him with Water-based spells while the three of you support me, Plan C would be myself holding Imix off in melee, whereas Donald either supports me if Imix is alone or holds off his minions where Elle and Ranbar deal with them.

Seira also reaches out to Lady Honeydip with a quick message. It might be necessary to borrow you for half a minute if Imix manifests on the battlefield. If at all possible, I would appreciate you preparing for this possibility and having someone at hand so that my avatar could swoop in and make these arrangements.

Anastasia

Gimme a CL real quick? Unsurprisingly, people are warding against divinations in such a situation.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+36 : 13 + 36, total 49[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You get general agreements - no one really arguing with you under the circumstances.

Whatever lies ahead, it's blocked quite thoroughly - likely by the will of Imix himself or someone almost as mighty, based on how strong it is.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I don't understand. It's trapped? Or Divination is blocked?

Anastasia

Latter, to be clear. The divination is blocked.  Based on the power of it - being able to stop you - it's like something Imix did or someone almost as powerful as him.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira will teleport 2 miles ahead and 1 mile up as a swift, rest of turn after this resolves.

Anastasia

To your perhaps surprise, that works. You're well above them now - you can see the forces arrayed that you glimpsed before, all spread out before you, a moment of seeing it all.

You're not alone in the air of course, there are others about on this flaming skyscape, but no one within immediate reach. No flaming dragons, no burning elementals that soar on gusts of hot air, no efreet - not too close, not yet, not for this moment.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira is invisible, and given her distance from their enemies she doubts anyone could casually spot her. And that's before the nondetection on her. Imix might be messing up her divinations, but she can do the same where it comes to her.

Last action is true casting. I'm using the soothsayer's spite to predict casting Widened Enhanced Maximized Empowered Twinned Disintegrating Burst next round. Move action to channel Chain Dispel into Dragon's Grace. This is all predicated on my senses telling me the army here is real and not illusionary again.

Incidentally, are enemy troops extending past 2 miles in every direction?

Anastasia

What'll be that range on the spell, by the way?

To the sides and behind yes, but with spaces and gaps - it's heavy troops but not like packed. Target rich environment.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It will be a 2 mile radius sphere. 4 miles across, in other words, with myself a mile above the center of the enemy formation. Fresh round for me?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira's only regret is that no one is there to see her, but she's learned to live with disappointment! She raises her hand skywards, and gathers her magic to a spot just above her palm. It manifests as a green firefly so dark as if to be almost black, pulsing against the hellish red of Fire. Heads begin to turn towards the fresh star in Fire's sky, but there is no time to escape. The magic unravels, then, exploding outwards in every direction to eradicate every single creature two miles away from Seira!

Even those who manage to dodge the blast, however, soon find themselves in midair as up to a mile of the ground is gauged by the spell. If the fall wouldn't be enough to finish them all, the added burden of dodging the corpses of slain fliers dropping all over the army may well be that final push to take them all out!

Widened Enhanced Maximized Empowered Twinned Disintegrating Burst

21:17 <CC> roll 1d20+46 SR
21:17 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 59 > [d20=13]

1200 damage on failing a Fort DC 46 save, 100 damage on passing it

I'll complete the rest of my turn after this resolves.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Greater Invisibility, Armband round 8 of 10

CL 34 spells.

Benefits:
AC: +17 normal/+12 touch/+12+ghost touch armor/shield incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +3 luck Recitation, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +ghost touch armor/shield)
Attack: +13 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +13 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation)
Ref Save +16 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
68 temp hp

Also immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

I also cast the following on myself:
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana

My numerical benefits:
AC: +14 normal/+9 touch/+17 incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +8 ghost touch shield)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
68 temp hp

Anastasia

[i> roll 1d20+25 in general
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=5][/i]

Like that it's gone, all gone.

Great forces below are reduced to stragglers. Forces are dust on the wind, Seira's burst wreaking havoc in a single moment. The skies are mostly cleared, for the moment purified of the forces around you. For the moment - you stand near alone, untouched by it all.
<Afina> Forever.