News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Before you, Eblis slowly shrinks. He is only towering now, bigger than both of you yet not a mountain.

A drawing of a sword. A sword of flame is within his hand as he saws, "Draw your weapons," His voice is cold, controlled.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

The scroll is dropped and Alicia's double-bladed sword is whipped forward into a guard position before her, the movement easily avoiding Antenora's space so she doesn't endanger her friend with its sharp edges.

This doesn't quite feel like he wants to fight and kill them. Perhaps it's taking their measure somehow?

Anastasia

Antenora does the same, meeting his gaze. His presence is suffocating, a miasma of hatred.

A vision. You fall. Eblis rears above you sword coming down, yet Antenora is there. She is cut in half, utterly annihilated in a moment. Yet you live on, untouched.

Eblis stands before you, taking your measure.

A vision. Antenora speaking, vowing to you that she'll do anything to serve you.

Heaven's Tears is raised high, as if to strike from above.

A vision. Antenora floats in the whiteness, the emptiness. She floats in the Far Realm and faces herself.

Eblis looks on at the two you, blade raised yet not coming down.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia waits. She sees the visions but she also sees Eblis, not taking her eyes off him and his sword.

"What do you want, Eblis?" her voice cuts the suffocating silence.

Anastasia

"Show me." Eblis speaks in barely a whisper, sword slowly lowered. "What did you do to Antenora? How did you change her to become One and stand as she is now? How did she not return to Hell?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We showed you when we first met, I showed you my history with Antenora. More than any other has seen, you were gifted," Alicia responds, her own sword held securely and unmoving in her guard stance. "She is One because she found her Answer, an Answer that resonated through being in defiance of the very matter that being was composed of, and an Answer she has lived true to in all the years since."

Anastasia

For reference:

Instead she meets Eblis's gaze. "See, then." She alters reality to pass on memories and experiences directly to the other deity, days and weeks unfolding in an instant as she graces Eblis with her and Antenora's experiences when they first came together. Vulnerabilities and all, moments of connection and exasperation, arguments and agreements on the nature of Law and Chaos, Good and Evil. There's no singular transcendent experience, the closest being the moment Antenora saw Alicia cry after losing Beth and felt sadness instead of glee, her wings turning grey. But it's a continuum, a series of events and slow changes that all built to that, rather than a single world-shattering experience.

The fallen angel's face twists with an angry scowl, a furious glare.

"Isn't that the crux of everything, Eblis?" Antenora ventures softly, "You've seen what's better and you've seen what's right. You've seen the truth of what Alicia did, what we found together. Will you deny that like you deny the truths of the Heavens? Can you say the few words that could set you free from all of this?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'll ask again: what do you want?" Alicia picks up after Antenora. "What is your Answer?"

Anastasia

CLANG!

In less than an instant Eblis is before you, face a mask of fury. His flaming sword meets Bonds and your blade holds. A defensive move, a parry of pure instinct - yet you feel he held his blow. Whatever it was, it wasn't as overwhelming. You can tell when someone attacks and doesn't want to strike true.

"I am sufficient! Father has no use for these miserable mortals, these miserable creatures that none of us have need for! Join me!" he demands, "Put aside the last vestige of your weakness. I am all Father ever needed! He needed nothing else, especially not the mortals he holds up as if dust was gold! Let their faith rot in the streets with them. Let them pray to empty churches. Let us move beyond them, destroy them as the mistake that they are! I am One! I am the only Answer needed!"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The ground crunches under her heel as she sets her blade to parry that hit, feeling vibrations down her forearm from it. Maybe just making a point but if she weren't on the ball it could still have been nasty

"You are One, but so is Antenora... so is even that worm Gathgorian, and another yet. It's significant but it's not definitive!" She heaves her blade against his to push him back despite the gulf in their sizes. "And if there is one thing that Creation has taught me, it's that One alone is never sufficient. It's only when we band together, combine our strengths and perspectives, that great things are done. Even now you're asking us to join you, because you know it in your heart!"

Anastasia

Give me a Diplomacy check here, +7 bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[23:49] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+63 diplo
[23:49] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 79 > [d20=16]

Anastasia

Slowly, the sword of flame slides off Bonds, lowered. For a moment, Eblis is silent, gaze downward.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She's silent now, not pressing with more words that would only dilute her point, letting Eblis consider things in his own time.

Anastasia

Antenora comes forth, laying a hand on Alicia's shoulder.

"We all have the greatest gift of the Incarnations: Free will. The right to choose. Choose, Eblis." Her voice is steady but not pressing, "I put aside my pride for Alicia and it gave me what even you failed to do. Make the same choice as I did."

> roll 1d20+61 diplo Antenora +7 same as Alicia
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 79 > [d20=18]

"...Father." Eblis murmurs, "I did for my Father's sake. To give him the Answer he sought for, to be all Creation needed. To turn him away from all those ants he invested himself in. Mortals are nothing, dust and dirt and clay. Nothing but test subjects to feed us information. Nothing. Nothing at all. I was the One who overcame everything, the greatest of us - and he chose them. He said that they had surpassed us already. That those tiny things meant more than us, that they were his hope for the future."
<Afina> Forever.