News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Now..." Io's head comes down, closer as he inspects you. "Tell me of your ongoing war and how it progresses, Seira. I would hear of what you have stirred with your claws."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"My plans didn't survive contact with the enemy, as you might've expected," Seira says with a rueful grin. "After the liberations of Benfal and Lifasa and the rescue of Zariel, I decided more direct action was needed. We've changed the planar status quo before, and this time I decided that I would rid the Inner Planes of the plague of slavery. I planned to work through diplomatic and financial pressure and approached various planar establishments to form my coalition. Celestia was amidst them, the largest one in fact."

She shrugs helplessly. "We planned to help slaves escape their masters while fighting the worst of the lot for negative reinforcement, but the fighting on the Celestia side turned quite overt and the Grand Sultan decided to escalate. I tried finding a formula that would allow him to make slow changes in our favor, but in the end he let fear and pride rule him, and the Abolition War began in earnest."

That covers the opening point, and Seira gathers her thoughts for a few moments before continuing. "The Sultan lead a massive assault against Lunia, possibly with Eblis's aid. It was repelled, and remains to date the sole attack on Celestia itself. Its interests across the planes were attacked, as we ours, and Imix stirred up trouble for mortals on my Prime of birth. I kicked him out with Waukeen's help, but that probably lead to our recent clash when I came to Zaaman Rul's aid. That's also when Alicia joined the fight, facing off the Grand Sultan, while I called your own chosen over to help Zaaman Rul. Duke Moore, of course, has been involved in the war effort from the start alongside myself."

Snapping her fingers, Seira produces a sheet of parchment. "One of the things I came across while raiding efreet interests. It seemed like a diversion at the time, but I've been thinking of taking a look at it again. Nice riddle, right?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Io listens to everything and then looks at the paper.

"The efreet have been busy," Io declares in a calm voice. "Though that was supposed to have been destroyed eons and eons ago."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Slavery? I suppose, though I'd be happy if we manage it now," Seira responds. "Earth is a bit low-key right now, but we're fighting there as well. I gained the aid of Air, though uniting its powers wasn't very easy, and the Great Xorn is on our side after he got rescued. We'll free everyone soon, I just know it!"

Anastasia

"No," Io says, "That paper. What do you know of it?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Blinking, Seira admits, "Not much. I thought it was one of those dimensional vaults, albeit one that moves itself all the time. From how you're acting, I take it there's a lot more to it?"

Anastasia

"You're right on what it is - but this one is special," Io says, "Mask stole something from Grumbar long ago. His price to return it was for Grumbar to enlist the aid of the Lords of the Elements and make him a vault that traveled the Elemental Planes, ones with a defense that only Mask could bypass. What he stole isn't important, only that it was so valuable that Grumbar agreed to it."

Here Io smiles ever so faintly, just for one moment, "Mask was daring and canny, but he made one mistake. There was no promise that Grumbar wouldn't destroy it once it was done, and Grumbar had every motivation to have it destroyed."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Doesn't seem like he succeeded, though," Seira muses. "Or was it like the Cauldron, and lost in a clash between them? If so, I'm obliged to follow the pattern and reclaim it!"

Anastasia

"I suggest you do," Io says, "A worthy quest and one with a great reward if all those treasures are still within. A veritable dragon's horde."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira grins, asking innocently, "Do you mind giving me a hint where to start? I can't exactly go ask Musk or Grumbar what happened. If it's supposed to only be on the Elemental Planes, how can there be a Null? Is it traveling through Astral?"

Anastasia

With a challenging look back, "Does a dragon need hints?" Io asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"A dragon would never admit so in mixed company, but a smart dragon always likes to have an edge on the competition~"

Anastasia

"Very well," Io says, "There are four elements as well as life and death, but the question is how they mix together."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The basic premise was a misdirection," Seira murmurs, starting to smile slowly. "Not the cardinal four, but so much more. Thank you! Sometimes you just get stuck in tunnel vision and lose sight of other possibilities. I'll get right on that!"

Time to return and see if I can figure out why there's 6 numbers and 7 planar indicators.

Anastasia

Sure, any prep on how you're approaching this?
<Afina> Forever.