News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I'll bug Honeydip again, it'll be max research mode.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sure. Okay, go ahead and list any spells, same long term duration format as the Prophecy.

Give me an K:P check, an K:A check, a Spellcraft check, a Profession (Researcher) check and a raw Int check.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

22:31 <Seira> roll 1d20+64+4+2+18 researcher
22:31 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 97 > [d20=9]
22:31 <Seira> roll 1d20+18+2+2+18+2 int
22:31 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 50 > [d20=8]
22:32 <Seira> roll 1d20+89+4+2+18 K:A
22:32 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 125 > [d20=12]
22:32 <Seira> roll 1d20+89+4+2+18 K:P
22:32 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 122 > [d20=9]
22:32 <Seira> roll 1d20+74+4+2+18 spellcraft
22:32 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 115 > [d20=17]

Anastasia

Interesting results. Give me a followup on that Int check with a second Int check real quick.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dragons are always interesting!

05:53 <Seira> roll 1d20+18+2+2+18+2 int
05:53 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 53 > [d20=11]

Anastasia

As need as you can tell, it seems to be sets of coordinates. Coordinates that change incredibly fast and are complicated, some sort of key or tracking.  You're fairly sure you'd need to be in all the places indicated at once, as well as likely develop means to open the vault and more. You'd need to figure out the coordinate system first and how that works out for the planes.

Moreover, you're fairly sure that some of the names/nulls are meant to be combined in some way to produce locations - quasi and para elemental planes, you believe now.  It's like trying to solve a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, only that the entire thing changes every moment, forcing you to start over.

The only way to work out the coordinates would be some hands on exploration and work in the elemental planes, getting data to begin unraveling the mysteries of the coordinates.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Since that's how things seem to work, Seira invites Honeydip, Kascha and Oraga to take a trip to Magma with her! They'll make a round trip of the planes. Kascha had recently traveled them all, and might have some interesting insights while they're there.

Anastasia

How long is this meaning to take you, Cor? Honeydip does have various military responsibilities to see to. Oraga's much freer as is Kascha.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm actually thinking we'll make excellent bait by traveling the planes and that the dao or efreet would try something. If she prefers to stay behind and general it up, I'll invite Amaryl instead.

Anastasia

Mmmm...

We'll go with Amaryl here, I think. Okay, any prep?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Our standard combat loadout minus Glorious Rally and Celestial Valor.

All spells here are to be precast before leaving home [CL 34]. They are shared with all party members unless explicitly refused or are marked with *.

Overall: Glorious Rally, Celestial Valor, Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell)
Defensive: Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Foresight, Superior Vigor (per round spell)
Perception Modes and Protections: True Seeing, *Sensual Blessing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight
Movement Modes and Protections: Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport
Skill Checks: *Bibliotheca Arcana, Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon
Ability Checks: Good Hope
Immunities and Resistances: *Mind Blank, Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all)
Esoteric Boosters: *Many Moments of Prescience, *Moment of Prescience, Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

Anastasia

Okay, this is bookmarked and I'll do spoiler blocks if they end up needed or after session, whichever comes first. Amaryl will add planar tolerance, so add that to the list?

Magma.

You appear on floating block of burning black stone amid a seemingly endless underground sea of lava. The red glow is intensely bright, as creatures of flame are occasionally seen wading or diving within the molten stone. Heaps of burning stone or lava given form, magma elementals. Every breath is a mix of heat and volcanic gases, the air thick with the fury that can end an entire civilization.

Oraga merely looks comfortable here.

"At least it's not Earth," Kascha says. "I miss Earth."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Since you ascended, I don't think your death from before counts," Seira points out, before clapping her hands. "Now then! We have three goals with this trip across the planes. First, to see if we hit upon another clue to this parchment. Second, to try and manipulate elemental forces in order to create a little brother or sister for Omni if the conditions allow for it. Third, to take down any slavers or their allies once they catch wind of this trip. Any questions?"

She brings out the parchment in the meanwhile, intending to see how it reacts to Magma.

Anastasia

"Does it?" Kascha asks, "I can't imagine if anyone actually knows that." Perking up, "Maybe it doesn't! Oh, I'll have to try and find out."

The parchment is acting the same as before, at least on a glance.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Well, I'm not barred from Fire if my avatar dies on it...."

Seira decides to collect a few numbers from Magma, writing them down. At the same time, she tries to approach the problem via another direction and tries to will into being their present location on the plane of Magma as represented numerically.