News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Seira locks herself away in the same spell research room she uses to design new spells, although this time she's figuring out far more difficult equations. Honeydip is there as a sounding board and for her abilities to create a productive thinking environment, and Donald, too, is present for his unique insights.

I'll have the Princess Int spell for +4 the entire day, Honeydip will have the Princess Cha for +4 to cha and Righteous Halo for +4 to cha, both for the entire day. I can also swift-cast Extended Good Hope for 70 minutes per casting, so I think it's reasonable to have it available. Ideally, Donald and Honeydip would be able to aid another me.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sure. Do you have a skill that's relevant here, just for the record?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Actually, yes. Profession/Researcher (33) +64 should be of use.

Incidentally, Greater Heroism gets the same treatment as its kid brother Good Hope.

Anastasia

Give me a check on that as well as a raw Intelligence check.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

01:59 <Seira> roll 1d20+64+4+2+18 researcher
01:59 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 107 > [d20=19]
02:00 <Seira> roll 1d20+18+2+2+18+2 int
02:00 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 45 > [d20=3]

If Donald and Honeydip are aiding me, that's +4 more.

Anastasia

It's absurdly long and complex, you can tell that much. Attempts to distill it or speed it up fail uniformly, and thus you begin it the long and hard way. While you aren't a trained mathematician, you are superhumanly intelligent and bolstered by as many means of supernatural power as you can lay hands on.

The math is intensely beautiful and complex, like entire worlds in each long equation that describes but one point of the great Prophecy of Primus and its conclusions. It's like reason, thought and power were distilled into formulae. It's like reading math with each number or letter beyond a word of power, resonating with the greater document in ways you can't even begin to comprehend.

You're certain a lesser mind would go mad merely reading this.

You're also certain it is the greatest thing you've ever read, as if Creation was formulated and expressed through this Prophecy.

After a day of study, you're convinced of one thing: You could spend eons plumbing every bit of the calculations here, and thousands and thousands of eons coming to fully appreciate and understand what Primus has written. Yet you begin to see the basics of it, the very beginning of it.

You also believe that you can go in several directions from here, all given from the insight of your research chops.

You could continue to study the Prophecy of Primus directly, learning more about it and gaining further insight in general.

You could attempt to find some bit of useful formulae and study it, and perhaps gain an insight and power from it.

You could attempt to find a trained mathematician or numerologist, which would doubtlessly provide additional insight and aid.

You could attempt to bolster your lawful nature somehow, as surely the unity would make it easier to understand such a fundamentally lawful thing.

You could attempt to find a way to make the words of power and the greater structure illuminate the way - high difficulty but possibly high reward, and possibly dangerous as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oghma gave me a list of highly qualified archmages living in seclusion," Seira muses. "I'll make visiting them a priority and see if any of them dabble in numerology before proceeding, I think."

And maybe read more material on mathematic formulas in the meanwhile, too.

Looks like it's Io visiting time.

Anastasia

Donald just flops back, "Someone who specializes in this," he agrees, "We need a big gun to help us go faster."

Okay, any prep for it?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And keeps an open mind," Seira agrees. "If there's no one suitable, I'll just try to brute force it! Won't that be exciting?"

None, the standard travel spell package is standard.

Anastasia

Donald's groan is surely heard across the Cauldron as...

----

Thus you return to Io. The great wyrm awaits you once you approach, "Seira," he greets, "How progress your efforts?" He is the same as before, perhaps will always be the same. His massive form raises over you, though he speaks softly and is yet heard clearly.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Very well, thank you for asking!" Seira responds brightly. "Imix ran away from me recently, and my talented people made a breakthrough with one of my research projects. That brought to mind my other research project, and I decided to come here and consult with you on the specifics. When I was here last, I talked about leading the Astral Reds and other dragons, and researching means to empower them. It occurred to me after the fact that while being incredibly well-informed, you may not have realized that I was talking about a prismatic format inspired by Baleruk, Tiamat and Afina, albeit one that ultimately went into a different direction. And then I thought to myself, who best to consult on such matters with but the God of All Dragonkind?"

Anastasia

"I understand," Io intones, "Speak of what you wish, Seira, and I will advise you."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Part of it is the basic package, a really lovely prismatic appearance and some Light-based powers that are tied into the prismatic nature," Seira is all too happy to elaborate. "This is the core of the process, and we really can't force a transformation without them. There's always some give and take, but that's the basic concept. Then, there are the inspirations that advance the dragon's nature, mostly focused on the spiritual aspects but certainly boosting mental capabilities as well. It is my belief that finding further insight down this path would lead even Reds to value cooperation over seeking short-sighted gains that would be revealed as the lesser path with a touch of introspection. The carrot of using these new abilities properly towards defense, where most dragons have shown traditional weakness, should be a clear hint of the benefits of following the prismatic way. I've been pondering the stick of evil natures precluding the transformation, but it might be best to focus on the positive and on guidance. After all, you told me I should lead other dragons as a dragon, so perhaps it'd be as simple as showing them a better way in person rather than trying to entrap them as a mage."

Anastasia

Io listens to all of this before going on, "I will support you on this, so long as it drives them to continue to seek perfection. Do so and I have no quarrel with what you wish."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods gratefully. And in a sense, she and Donald keep on seeking perfection even now, don't they? Perhaps even Elle and Sanzha will be swept along!