Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

'It's loud.' Tryll agrees. 'What's your lead?'

Calleigh's absence grows conspicuous.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"It's a border region of Water and Ice called the Crystal Reef Sea," Tannin explains, "I don't know what they're doing or why, only that there's some base set up within a few hours journey from Ebbet's Rock."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Pandemonium borders Ice and Water?'

"Did someone say my name?" Asks a small voice from behind Tannin.

'Your name is not Pandemonium.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Today: The DM mixes up adventure prompts and ideas, doesn't even realize it. Strike that last line.

"Are you familiar with Agathion, the lowest layer of Pandemonium?" Tannin asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I think I spent a while there, back when I started out. Pandemonium-'

"Did someone say my name?" Asks a small voice from behind Tannin.

'-is a great place to hide. Calleigh your name is not Pandemonium.' Tryll says patiently.

"It could be! You don't know!" Calleigh retorts.

'I do indeed know. Your name is Calleigh. Where have you been?'

"I made a friend!" Calleigh replies cheerfully.

Anastasia

"Caverns," Miranda puts in here, "A perfect defensive zone if you control the portal in and out."

"That too, Tannin agrees while eyeing the two arguing. "What friend?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"He's a good friend! He's a bit of a hothead, though. You could say he's got a fiery disposition! He's a well rounded individual!"

Anastasia

"Who is?" Tannin challenges right back.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"His name is-" There comes a noise, like wet rocks and angry flames, "-OOPSGOTTAGOHAVEFUN!" Calleigh bolts out of the room as a magma slime rolls through a portal.

Anastasia

That gets attention, a few cries of alarm as Tannin smoothly hops to his feet - only for a rather swiftly moving Ebony to be there, chanting, driving it back through the portal.

"As I was saying," Tannin says, "You want this location?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Yes, please.' Tryll says, waving a greeting at Ebony.

Anastasia

"Look for Surgonar's Reef - no water, just ancient, rusted out iron ships and growths," Tannin says, "There's supposed to be a portal in the area somewhere."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Sounds pleasant, thanks. We'll take care of it for you. Please contact me if you hear of any others.'

Anastasia

"Good luck," Tannin says, "I don't know what they're up to, but it's going to be ugly."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'For them, yes. They are not expecting us.'