News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'You keep trying to disturb me,' Thorajin's voice is dry, 'Whatever is it, Tryll?'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'The irrigo are reborn on another world. I'd like to invite you to join the rest of them there.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'...What?' Thorajin says, 'What are you doing?!'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I turned myself into a paragon. The Triune suddenly showed up and condoned Gytha's soul sorcery.' Another Correspond.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'...Really, what are you doing?! This is absurdity!'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Interplanar communication isn't really the best meduium to explain this. A lot is lost. Where are you?'

Anastasia

'Air.' Is the answer you get back, 'No place in particular, nothing but empty air around me."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Right, we'll find you. Gimme a few.'

To the group, 'Who wants to go to Air?'

Anastasia

A few looks before Miranda says, "It's not Ooze. Let's go to Air."

"Air," Benyen agrees, as...

Okay, any prep for this or are you good to rock?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Oh yeah, we should be fine. It's Air. As long as everyone has some mode of propulsion, we should be good.

Anastasia

How's the computer, by the way.

Thus you all step through into the endless falling of Air, the wind pleasant as it blows and...

Go ahead and get on with the finding, however you're gonna magic it up.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Real bad, thanks for asking.

Tryll manifests Examine Astral Reverberations to find Thorajin! [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+35 : 12 + 35, total 47[/blockquote][blockquote]'Will DC 40, assuming he resists.' is not a valid dice string![/blockquote]

Spoiler: ShowHide
Examine Astral Reverberations
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 9
Display: Mental and visual
Manifesting Time: 1 minute
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Power Points: 17

This power taps information stored in the astral, such as a creature's movements or location, if that creature or object fails a Will save. This power shows the movements of said creature and all of their actions taken within the last week, as well as who and what they interacted with.

This power does not work on any plane that is not connected in some way to the astral plane. This power only functions on creatures and objects with an astral presence; a mind. Inert, non-magical objects such as walls or non-thinking creatures such as non-intelligent oozes and mindless undead are invisible to this power.

Augment

If an additional 5 power points are spent, the power also attempts to postulate a likely future outcome. This provides a benefit similar to that of a divination, but less cryptic. Any information conveyed would concern one single action or possible action regarding that creature, and the question must be phrased to outline the direction for the power to take. Information conveyed can be contained in no more than one single sentence.

If an additional 10 power points are spent, the manifestor may make an opposed caster level check to reveal information about a target that has or had an active mind blank spell.

For every 2 power points spent in either of the above augmentations, the power's DC increases by 1.

Anastasia

I was afraid it sounded worse than a possible bad HD. I hope I was wrong.

Thorajin is ahead, deep within Air. You know his location naturally now.

He didn't resist, so go for it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

lolnope. HDD has been eliminated as culprit. Now it's down to the motherboard and the Windows install stick.

Yuthirin

Also how far away is he?