News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It. Is. Good." Thus it is said, the elemental sinking back into the ground now, only leaving its broken head behind for you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

An Astral Ingress is opened underneath the severed head and it is unceremoniusly dumped twenty feet from Miranda's home. 'That was easier than expected. We'll have to send a thank you gift to Crystalle once this is over.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

What book is that from or is it homebrew?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

It's a psionic Gate from homebrew
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You'd also need to shrink the head, it really si gigantic, more than the 20ft in diameter radius of an astral ingress. Got a way to do that?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm sure an Alter Reality or Reality Revision could temporarily shrink it.

Anastasia

That'll work.

And thus the party returns home, giant head and all. Whew!

Okay, assuming that's a lot to hash out, so the question is: Next move?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'll need to write up a plan of intent and what I want this thing to do, ultimately. Will probably do that this weekend.

Let's do the really stupid thing and see about helping Princess Bwimb.

Anastasia

Cool. How do you plan to approach this?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

We're not familiar with them enough to just do a sending, so we're gonna have to go in person and petition at court. Ugh.

Anastasia

"Bwimb?" Dana says, "You want us to go to Ooze?"

Suddenly Miranda frowns, "Ooze, Tryll?"

Benyen just kicks back and munches on a turkey leg before adding, "Ooze?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Hey, you're the one who said something was going on over there when you joined up.' Tryll says to Dana. 'I just want to investigate. It's far from my favorite place in the planes, but if Bwimb is recruiting devils and demons I want to know why. '

Anastasia

"Could you explain to me what Dana said?" Miranda says, "And what is Bwimb doing? For that matter, who IS Bwimb?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Bwimb is the archomental of Ooze. Or something along those lines. He, she, and it are nominally in charge. Bwimb is, last I checked, a dual creature. Bwimb is the king of Ooze, and is kind of an ass. Bwimb, however, is the princess of Ooze and is kind and frightfully handsy.'

Anastasia

Silence at that.

Then Benyen says, "So does that mean she wants to...can Ooze and a mind squid even do that together?"
<Afina> Forever.