News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

A book and many things to do

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Good money, a good home and good food," Rickar says, right to the point. "What I know is equipping and managing a military's supplies. Logistics, it's called."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Logistics makes or breaks an army, it's true. But we're more than an army here. This is going to be a home; a school. If I take you on, I expect you to share your expertise outside of the military. Teach the civilian side what you know. If they can improve their trade lines and internal movement of resources, everyone benefits."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"As long as they sit down and shut up to learn," Rickar says, running a hand over his balding head, only a few wisps of  light brown hair remaining. "There's no point teaching those who don't want to learn."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Everyone here is here to learn. I expect the same of you. This Academy is going to be where the good come to become better and the good come to become great. If you expect them to learn from you, I expect you to learn from others. If you're still interested, Jarem here can take you to meet the current Quarter Masters. I expect you to work with them and the civilians for supply routes and warehouses. I have an idea for a distribution network. Supplies last longer underground, so what do you think of having tunnel routes from supply points and warehouses? Reduces the congestion top side and keeps the populace out of military supply issues. Helps restrict access and can serve as emergency bunkers and troop movement inside our area, since warehouses and supplies are always top targets."

Anastasia

"As long as the tunnels are fine," Rickar agrees, "They can be in the sky for all I care, as long as the process works."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"You're not here just to take orders. You're here to help improve things. If you see a flaw in any of the ideas, I expect them to be pointed out for discussion and correction. If you're fine with that, the job is yours. We have resident Earth Elementals that can help."

Anastasia

"The job's mine, then," Rickar grunts, "I'll handle it."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "We'll get your pay and housing situated then. Welcome to our Academy."

Anastasia

A handshake at that, a rough one - and he pulls you into a back thumping hug, "Cheers to victory and success," he declares loudly, grip strong.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa uses her telekinesis to thump him back.

"Perhaps a bit more decorum in public, but I look forward to having you in my circle of friends."

Anastasia

Okay, going to move onto the Inevitable now?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Sure. Be hilarious if it was the one we beat looking for a job.

Anastasia

Pallus III is half horse, half human and all metal. A horse's lower body, gears and a human's upper body, also gears. He awaits you and paces back and forth, "Ah. Question: Alyssa of Shaundakul?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

"I agree, I am Pallus III," he answers right off, "Unlike Pallus II, who died to the glare of an eye tyrant's wrath." Pacing back and forth, "Pallus I perished to lava. It's always lava that melts you."
<Afina> Forever.