A new sultan?

Started by Anastasia, July 19, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Very well. I will be expecting it.

As she settles to wait for the Grand Khan's treaty proposal, Seira communicates to her allies in this war, from close like Barachiel, Romiel and Moore of Celestia, the elemental princes and princesses of Good and Sylica's leadership through those fitting more the roles of patrons like Lathander and Queen Morwel and all the way to allies of convenience like Yan C Bin or Istishia.

On the heels of the efreet capitulation, the dao have made a barely acceptable offer to end the war. I hope to deliver good news to all soon.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Do let me know if I have to tidy up the Abyssal Lake, thank you.

Anastasia

Barachiel's reply is first.

Then it is done.

Another step forward in the purification of Fire. This will not be the reckoning with my father, but one day.

More in the next post, merely keeping it reasonable than having to write a bunch at once.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

All that remains is to receive the treaty draft, vet it for anything out of the ordinary and share a copy with Barachiel to allow her most invested allies to do likewise.

Anastasia

Sure, looking to focus on this at all or move along?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want this dealt with. However, if the draft is exactly what we discussed and nothing further, we can move along and have Celestia's lawyers look over it off-screen.

Anastasia

To your surprise and pleasure, it's exactly what you discussed. It needs to be combed for loopholes of course, but you're confident on handing it off.

As you do Donald's there and adds, "What I want to know is, what exactly forced their hands?" he muses once it's the two of you. "We have an idea with the efreet, but not so much the dao. They wanted out of that war even before a new sultan rose. Think I'm going to try and get some more insights from the dao court."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"My opinion is that they had an inkling that the efreet were about to have a change in management and sell them out." She snorts. "An 'inkling', eh? Everyone knew, including the previous Sultan. Because we told him, and made no secret of it."

Shaking her head, she says, "How about you grab Elle and visit Romiel with this? Have his lawyers take a glance, or Barachiel's if he wishes it kicked upwards. Ask them who wants to be at the signing for them, and we'll have it done."

Anastasia

Donald goes and...

You have lots to dos and a possible interruption coming up. Which do you want first?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Just to list to dos, I want to proxy Ranbar, visit the gem dragon god, follow that list of portal archmages I got from Oghma and pursue the hidden safe the key to which is in the ever-changing parchment.

It'll all take a lot of time, so I'd prefer to for now keep up my studies of Primus's prophecy.

Anastasia

Sure, getting the gang back together for it? Go ahead and set up your routine for it and link me to the last result you got?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Last rolls: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104321.msg1151600.html#msg1151600

My approach would be as I posted in that thread before a Kascha interrupt:

That makes no sense. Sure, perhaps the anal-retentive inevitables don't care about the finer details this time around, but that would still only cover deities and deity-level beings acting in Creation itself. What if Sylian or Io are skulking outside Creation, making their own? Recruiting champions in the Beyond, or those originating from other Creations who might ascend to divine status via One or similar means? The very nature of the Beyond is chaotic, which is why those from it are templated as demons when they enter Creation. Did Primus truly calculate every possible traveler from Beyond and their affects on Creation's path?

I'd like to have Honeydip, Kascha and Thurmar. Let's give Honeydip +8 to cha, which should make her +Wis aura +18, I believe. Let's give me +4 to int, which should put my +Int aura at +20. I intend to spam Good Hope and Greater Heroism throughout the day for as many of us as needed, it's literally effortless for me.

Anastasia

Sure, go for it. Make your set of rolls with that focus, good luck!
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

19:51 <Seira> roll 1d20+65+4+18+4+1 researcher
19:51 <Penuche2> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 109 > [d20=17]
19:52 <Seira> roll 1d20+20+3+2+20+4+1 int
19:52 <Penuche2> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 66 > [d20=16]

Anastasia

It doesn't seem to be individual on that level - perhaps it can't, being an analysis of Creation. It does seem to be about covering what they could reasonably, especially destruction. The Prophecy is proofed against them well, but you're starting to see something. A glimmer of light perhaps, or a theoretical that could crack it. But you need more, more effort in working this angle and maybe, just maybe.

Assuming what you're assuming is true and that there are both 1. Other Creations and 2. Creatures who become One and can even meaningfully interact with Creation at all, which are question marks.
<Afina> Forever.