News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Going down

Started by Anastasia, August 16, 2019, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Iron golems, per SRD, are immune to any magic spell that allows Spell Resistance. These do not offer Spell Resistance. In fact, I used them both on the hook golem.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Side note: I do run many epic golems with a stronger version of magic immunity from 3.0, but this isn't one. If it was, I would've failed.

> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex --> [ 1d20=20 ]{43}
> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex --> [ 1d20=17 ]{40}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 3 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{41}
> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 4
> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 5
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 4 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{26}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 5 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{24}
> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 6
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex explosion 6 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{42}
> roll 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex tornado
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 evasion fast golem is predictably good at reflex tornado --> [ 1d20=20 ]{43}

Evasion applies on made saves, let me know what got through and the damage it takes.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

4 explosions negated, 1 blast negated.

Golem takes 132 electrical & is slowed.
Golem takes 144 wind damage.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The golem is thrown back hard by the wind and electricity, leaving it unmoving for several moments. As it rises Dana closes in, coming in sword first to give it a bad time.

> roll 1d20+52
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+52 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{58}

> roll 1d6+21
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6+21 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{23}

Dana's rapier barely penetrates, a thrust in that at best pushes in the metal of it slightly.

Calleigh is stunned. Benyen.

> roll 4d4+98+1d6
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 4d4+98+1d6 --> [ 4d4=11 1d6=4 ]{113}

Benyen is there with a battle cry, chaging in with Dana. The two shield the rest of you as they brawl, slashing away. While Dana's attack does little, Benyen's is enough to cut deep into it. The already battered golem staggers and falls over, letting Benyen and Dana strike and strike. Soon it isn't moving at all, the battle won.

Free act.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh shakes her head woozily. "Ugh, so rude!"

Meanwhile, Tryll is examining the golem.

Anastasia

It's pretty well wrecked, cut deeply, but fundamentally intact.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Into the Sack of Holding it goes.

Anastasia

It's an entire iron golem. How much can your bag hold and take in at once, anyway?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

It's a bag of holding. So I dunno?

Anastasia

Do you know what type it - you k now what, we had this discussion before, I believe. I'll look it up later.

Once the golem is sorted out...now what?

Ball is in your court.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

We will move on in search of Sharrans to rob.

Anastasia

Thus you return and try the other passage in the proscribed direction.

Except for the howling of the wind, it's quiet down this passage.

"Hope they aren't hiding like rats," Dana growls, "Fucking spineless."

"They make better targets that way," Miranda adds, "Hiding foes are foes not directly attacking you."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Still, we should be aware. Hiding foes have the opportunity to snipe.'

Anastasia

Quick Perception on that note.

"Snipers are cowards, if wise cowards," Miranda remarks, "A good sniper can win a battle untouched."

"Yeah, untouched because no one wants to lay a fucking archer," Dana banters back.

Miranda merely smiles at that, "I can verify you're wrong, Dana. Very wrong."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"That's true." Calleigh nids from Miranda's shoulder, "I've seen archers laid all over lots of battlefields."

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+50 : 19 + 50, total 69[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+41 : 3 + 41, total 44[/blockquote]