News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Going down

Started by Anastasia, August 16, 2019, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Miranda smiles, "Let's talk about something else," she agrees, as you hear screams from ahead, carried by the winds. Indistinct, the barest echo of torment.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'That sounded fresh!' Tryll says, moving toward the sound.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You advance on - and soon enough the passage has tiny, barred slits in the wall. Screams come from them, screams of agony. Two dozen slits total, a dozen on each wall.

"Damned," Miranda says solemnly, "It would be my guess, though I shiver to think of what crimes would consign them this deep."

Benyen hms, "So these might be the souls of the really bad? Like the bad that are so bad you want to smite them all over again?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Wait, people get damned to Pandemonium?" Calleigh asks. "I thought it was the Abyss, the Nine Hells, or Celestia and the upper planes?"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Every outer plane gets souls, as well as divine realm," Miranda shouts over the screams, "Imagine the person who earns this as their eternity."

Meanwhile the screams continue from within, non stop.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh throws a rock at one of the sets of bars, "Hey! What'd you do!?"

Anastasia

The screams slow, stop. Eyes. Bleeding eyes are glimpsed, a bloody hand gripping the bars. "...I ran the Holy Sacrifice," his voice is shaking, almost laughing.

"No holy deeds brought you hear, liar," Miranda says, voice low and yet carrying over the screams of the others.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Whatdja sacrifice? Lambs? Gold? Babies!?"

Anastasia

"Lives." Is the answer, "The only way to free them from sin was to kill them. Pain washes away their sins, alone in the dark and forgotten until they repent."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Y'know that's not how it works, right? That means that they go to the afterlife and you go HERE. Or maybe they get resurrected by some passing priest or something. You're a jerk." Calleigh sticks out her tongue.

Anastasia

A single finger jabs out at that tongue, missing it by an inch - far too long for a normal finger. Yet it sticks out and retreats, bloody all the way, covered with cuts.

"They bled and they repented. Nothing else mattered." The voice declares. "Ahahhahahahahahhaaa....Tyr was jealous of me, his most successful servant! He tried to stop me, his messages showed his jealousy!" His voice is raised now, a scream, "JEALOUS!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Delusions persisting through death are not uncommon.' Tryll says. 'The soul either regrets and attempts to repent, lashes out, or insists that what it did to earn its position was right.'

Anastasia

"He wasn't stripped of his memories," Miranda notes, "Let him sit and let us continue on. He's earned his place here."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Bye crazyman! Have a - uh- afterlife!" Calleigh waves as they leave.

Anastasia

The screams serenade you as you come to an intersection. There's a passage ahead, a passage sloping down to the left side and to the right side is a narrow passage ahead. You notice rusty red, old blood splatters the stones there.

The screams of the damned the way you came still echo, if less audible now.
<Afina> Forever.