News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Advancement

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

She'd like you prepared as reasonably possible without it appearing that you're blatantly overdoing it. She trusts your judgment, so have that prepared.

The place of the meeting is a remote shoreside cabin atop a small cliff, the oceans of Sylica visible beyond and below the cliffside perch. Syala is off waiting for Robeaux while you and Antenora are ready for this, due to begin any moment.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

The good thing about Alicia's habit of always casting nondetection is that no one can tell whether she's making a particular effort or not in terms of magical augmentation.

It's a minor benefit compared to avoiding scrying or true seeing or the like, but the little things do add up.

Inside the cabin Alicia stands, armed and armoured and looking out the window at the sea and islands beyond. She can see far farther than that, and in all directions, but that's where her eyes are pointed.

Not doing a full spoiler block but she's got greater heroism, greater visage of the deity, divine insight, guidance of the avatar, nondetection, and sensual blessing up as far as spells that may be immediately relevant.

Anastasia

Sure thing.

Antenora awaits, patient.

When the cabin door soon opens, it's your guest first. Robeaux is a tall tiefling, a hint of red to his skin. He wears well tailored clothes, impeccable, fine quality cloths of soft crimson. His hair is shiny black and kept loose and long, an easy, charming smile on his face. "So THESE are the ones I have to meet?" He says, "Your reputations precede you."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia turns and takes him in, noting whatever magic he has on him with arcane sight.

Take 10 for 65 on spellcraft where relevant.

[21:20] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+37 CL if relevant
[21:20] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+37 CL if relevant --> [ 1d20=11 ]{48}

"You come offering information about a place where great pains have been taken to ensure secrecy, Robeaux," she says mildly while appraising him. "Indeed you reached out to us, so I should hope those reputations are foremost in your mind."

Anastasia

He has nondetection, mind blank and Palax's guile active on him. The latter is a spell that enhances the ability to tell and discern lies.

"So I do," he says, smiling and meeting Alicia's eyes. "Fortunately, we all have a good reason to get along, like little acolytes in a temple."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Yes, I can tell you're not prepared for a fight. Prepared to prevaricate on the other hand..." Alicia holds his gaze in her own, her disapproval evident as if she can see right through him.

Anastasia

With a demon may care grin, "Prepared to understand prevarications," is his answer, "That's just good sense to have on you every day."

"Good sense for the Abyss, perhaps," Antenora steps forward, "Good sense for Baator. But...are you calling us liars you need to be prepared against?"

To this Robeaux quirks his head to the side, "The day is but young. Who knows where my path will lead? Does fair Mystra upbraid Alicia if she comes into her presence with a mind blank spell on her person, cast routinely?" With that same grin on his face, "Who am I to gamble on what can happen later in the day?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Well, in the interests of ensuring you don't have to go without for the rest of the day I'll refrain from dispelling that useful spell of yours," Alicia says, cutting off this part of Sylica from the weave to instead suppress it under what's effectively antimagic. "Now you needn't gamble on the rest of the day, and we needn't gamble on your ability to tell a lie with an honest smile."

Doesn't help if he's been manipulated by Malcanthet into this situation without realising it, but they can only do so much.

Anastasia

The demon's smile falters at this, Antenora's presence suddenly felt. It's a strong, gentle pulse that is undeniably her. As Robeaux pales, "You act like we are one step away from being charmed into your bed," she says, firmly. "Your arrogance is as stupid as it is galling."

Syala joins in, her presence like that of a forest day, of sunlight and joy. "You think we can't see through your petty games?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia doesn't use her aura, it's something she habitually keeps a tight lid on and she's not going to change that for one demon. It would only blot out Antenora and Sylica's auras anyway.

"Your Mistress has made herself a great nuisance to us. That is why you have our interest Robeaux, not from your own personality or deeds," she says. "So let us start again, shall we?" she gives him a chance to make a better attempt at convincing them to buy his information.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+15
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+15 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{35}
> roll 1d20+15
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+15 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{16}

The demon looks away from Antenora - and Syala's firm gaze makes his voice die in his throat, his legs giving up on him. He collapses in wide eyed terror, the wet sound of his shame staining his pants. His mouth opens and closes every times as Syala simply keeps her gaze locked with his.

"I'm the nice one," she smiles, "Antenora and Alicia are the mean ones. Think carefully to what you do, demon."

Antenora's will cleanses him a moment later, at least sparing you from that stench.

Robeaux manages to rise on shaky legs, "Ah..." With a smile that doesn't reach his eyes, "My La- I mean my former Lady has made several q-questionable choices." He turns towards you, "S-so you see, here I am."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia closes her eyes as Robeaux is reduced to urinating in front of them.

Antenora said be scary, and she's certainly been scary in the past, but that's never happened before.

Once Antenora's cleaned it she resumes looking at their guest. "Rosewater. You want to sell us information about Rosewater," she prompts him.

Anastasia

"Y-yes," The demon says quickly, a breath. "For 100,000 gold I'll tell you everything I know about it - and I know a lot."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"You'll get your money. But first why Rosewater, and why us?" Alicia asks. It'll be good to know where their efforts to find the place have been compromised after all.

Anastasia

Something in your gaze - or perhaps the other auras, or simply everything - makes Robeaux shiver. "...Antenora. She understands traitors because she betrayed Hell."

"I did not betray Hell," Antenora clarifies, voice not quite as strident as before. "I denounced it as the hateful lie it is. I understand those who realize they have erred and wish to atone. I understand those that feel the faintest flickering in their heart that there is a better way. I understand that there are people worth rising high for." Antenora's gaze goes to you and then Syala. "I understand that love in all its many and beautiful forms is the Answer, not hate that blackens the soul."

The demon doesn't look to Antenora, keeping his eyes locked on you.
<Afina> Forever.