Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Rest.

A respite from your pain on Lifasa. Sleep that night comes all too easily, you rest well past dawn and closer to noon than away from it. When you at last rise, you find Cresiel waiting outside your door.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore raises a hand in greeting.

"I feel like I learned a great deal from that. I'm glad it's working out." He says. "What can I do for you?"

Anastasia

"The efreet are defeated," Cresiel says, "Not crushed, but defeated."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hell likely believes they have the upper hand." Moore says. "But we know the truth— we've saved so many. I'm sure Nasir will come at us again... and we will be ready."

Anastasia

A nod at that. Agreement without another word, walking as you flutter along.

"Hell gained, but they will not profit. I will not allow it," Cresiel vows to you, quietly.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"None of us will. We continue to grow in ways they could never match." Moore says. "I think it's high time we go do good somewhere. The last time we went anywhere notable was Foggard, and I'd like to go somewhere and gain something for us. Maybe it's finally time to dig into that Wheel."

Anastasia

First sentence there got mangled but not critical.

"I will be there," Cresiel vows, as you feel it. A connection to him, blooming stronger than before.

Node update, go read and verify you read it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Fixed and also noted.

Moore smiles at that. "Case in point." He says.

Anastasia

"Then the wheel," Cresiel says, "Where were you on that, Moore?" He doesn't hesitate, merely bowing his head for a few moments then continuing on.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"We have the locations, generally, of all the pieces." Moore says. "So it's just a matter of where to start. I'm not thrilled about going there, but the piece on Fire should probably be our first goal."

Anastasia

"It may be unwise to go there now," Cresiel admits as you head to the courtyard, "But later may be equally unwise or impossible."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If anyone decides to pick a fight with us, it won't go well for them anyway." Moore says. "But... before we do go... are you aware of any specific individuals in Celestia I could talk to about the inspiration I do? I managed to discover a new way to push people beyond themselves while I was on Lifasa, but I can't quite manage to think of the right way to blend The Words with it." He explains.

Anastasia

Cresiel pauses a few moments at that, looking up before, "I'll ask Father, he may know even if I do not."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I'd like to see if it's possible before we go anywhere, just in case."

He doesn't have any plans right this second but can go over the notes that were recovered and see if they get any cool updates from Bahamut.

Anastasia

Sure. Which notes where those?
<Afina> Forever.