News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Anastasia

You hear faint voices coming from far behind you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Ah... Moore has a feeling he knows who those probably belong to. "Hold on. I think the other players are here." He says as he turns to look!

Anastasia

Sure enough, Ebony and Canderella are flying in, distant but closing in fast.

"They must have moved terribly fast," Kaja says, "But how did they find this so fast?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"They have their ways, just like we do." Moore says. He simply will wait for them to get there -- it's probably not going to be much of a surprise for them to see his group, either.

Anastasia

It's not long. Ebony and Canderella reach you all quickly, "Moore, Cresiel," Canderella calls. "You beat us to it? How?" she asks flatly.

Kaja looks them over, eyes lingering on Canderella. "Well," he steps forward, "Mystra likes Moore. You?"

> roll 1d20+4 just for giggles
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=1]

"Oh, we stopped to talk to a real dragon - Baleruk." Canderella says with a casual sort of dismissiveness, "This sort of bizarre happening is the sort of thing he might know about."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore rolls his eyes with a smile.

"It's good to see you again, Canderella. It's been too long." Moore says. "...Ah, I don't count the 'not you' version, just... to be clear."

He turns to Ebony and nods to her. "Please forgive the fact that we're even here -- after you left we all discussed it and it seemed like it made sense to at least come and visit this creature to try and better understand it." He turns to Canderella now. "I can imagine you at least feel similarly to how I do -- that even though it has nothing to truly do with 'you,' you still feel somewhat responsible for ensuring it stays out of the clutches of a certain fire and brimstone?"

Anastasia

Kaja's expression becomes clenched, his jaw tight. Nonetheless he stays silent after that, Cresiel shooting him a moment's glance.

"That and I don't know what he knows, and what he could tell if the issue was forced," Canderella says, "We all have secrets we don't want known by others, be it Hell or other troublemakers."

"There is wisdom to that," Xandra admits, "There is much more wisdom for you to learn, Canderella, if you are willing to listen and learn."

"I prefer to listen to the crash of thunder," Canderella waves that right aside, "The sound of trumpets gets tiring, don't you think?" Canderella's smile wouldn't melt a snowflake it's so cool, undisturbed.

"Canderella, enough," Ebony flies forward, "Canderella is being unkind because she is worried-"

"And you know me well enough to say that?" Canderella snarks right back.

"Yes," Not even a moment's hesitation from Ebony, "As I was saying, she is worried-"

"-Because your boss dropped the ball." Canderella says, shortly.

With a moment of closed eyes and sighs, "I would heed you not to so openly blaspheme against Saint Alicia. No matter how disturbed you are by this."

"What's she saying," Cresiel says plainly, speaking far louder than usual, drowning out voices of Ebony and Canderella like a tidal wave drowning a pond, "Is that Canderella's concern is evident. We are in agreement and will see this through for our various reasons, without fighting amid ourselves."

"Or?" Canderella challenges, hands on her hips.

"I will spank you." A deep, menacing expression, a steady glare right at her.

Canderella is immune to intimidation by having aura of courage, so no intimidation aspect of this.

Silence at that. Ebony stares, hood falling back. Kaja sputters and coughs while Jetina slowly mouths, 'What?'

Canderella just gawks at that, "You're a solar. Solars don't say things like that!"

Cresiel's gaze doesn't relent, and in that Canderella stares, "You're not remotely serious...?" A trail off at the end, a stop. "Wait, isn't your mother...Villisa...who...Rapture's right next door..." she trails off again, then with a huff, "Fine. Let's cease arguing."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore clears his throat politely after all of that. He'll have to tell Villisa sometime later about how Cresiel is learning to joke better than she'd ever expect.

"At any rate... I am of the opinion, like Lady Alicia was, that we shouldn't try and force it to do anything." Moore says. "At the same time, we do need it to understand that if Hell's agents come here, it won't be safe, even if it's taken a purely neutral stance about information."

A smile is offered as he turns towards the swirling energies.

"While I don't want to drag it anywhere, if Gathgorian were to show up, he certainly wouldn't think twice about just taking this with him, I think. We should probably convince it that it needs to go somewhere safer than the Astral, if absolutely nothing else." He says, looking back to Canderella and Ebony. "Do either of you disagree?"

Anastasia

"Our goal is to convince him to come to Aurora," Ebony speaks up here, adjusting her hood back into position. "So we agree."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I can't object to that." Moore says. "It can safely learn there without issue, and can go where it chooses after that."

He turns back to the energy. "It's a little like pushing into a thick slime, just so you know."

Anastasia

Thus the party heads on in. It slowly gives way as you come in, rippling.

'Gathgorian knew something about the Astral he was not supposed to know,' A calm, toneless voice sounds in your minds.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Would you mind sharing?" Moore asks aloud as he looks around inside.

Anastasia

'Come forward.' Is the answer.

Canderella's already moving, Ebony right behind her. Cresiel follows as well, Kaja lingering and taking up the rear.
<Afina> Forever.