Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Perception here, would you?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Anastasia

They go, hurrying through. As they do, you see something on the horizon, racing ahead. A mountain surging forward,  your keen eyes letting you spy Gathgorian racing towards you lightning fast. His head is surrounded by a corona of ectoplasm, boiling like water in a stew pot as Jetina follows the first three, escaping to safety.

Chance to go, flee, act or do whatever. Right now it's you, Cresiel, Xandra and Kaja still on this side.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"On the one hand, his brashness could've been his undoing today." Moore says. "On the other, GO!"

The other three can go through and Moore will go last. If worse comes to worst he'll use his teleportation helmet.

Anastasia

Closer, closer...and yet your friends and allies get through. Even as Gathgorian races towards you, you escape through the portal. The warmth of Elysium is a balm on the moment of terror you felt, and yet you are safe now, the portal closing the second you're through.

"Everyone make it through?" Jetina asks, looking about, "Are you alright, Moore?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm fine." Moore says. "Is Aurora still here on Elysium? We probably should get there just to be on the safe side. Then... we probably have a lot of explaining to do."

A pause, before he jumps once. "Oh, Ebony, you... if you didn't already, you should probably let Alicia know about this. She may already be aware, though."

Anastasia

"I just did," Ebony states plainly.

Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's face sours.

'What do you want, Gathgorian?'

Anastasia

"Next time," Kaja murmurs. "That was Gathgorian? I've seen tornadoes slower than him."

"All the better to break him," Cresiel says, "Do not be afraid - the next time we meet him, it will the the last, Chronias willing."

Flee from me. I have no reason to show mercy to Aurora now, but nor are they my primary concern.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

'I'll make sure they're aware.'

Moore rubs his forehead, letting out a long sigh. Devils. "Anyway... this was escalated a lot more than I intended it to be." He turns to Canderella and Ebony. "I trust you two will be able to take care of things from here? I don't want to complicate matters than they're already complicated."

He turns to The Amalgam at that. "I would like to speak to you at a later time as well, if you'll allow it. I don't wish to push you due to everything else going on, so when you are comfortable, please reach out to me."

Anastasia

Include Afina. Her role for me is concluded, but no desire to slay her out of hand, not yet.

Canderella nods shortly, "We'll take care of it. One meeting with Gathgorian is enough. Devil trash."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

A loud roll of his eyes follows. "Please pass on a terrible threat from Gathgorian over this to include both Aurora and Afina."

Anastasia

Ebony nods, "What manner of threat?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It really couldn't be any more devil-generic." He says.

He clears his throat to do his best, incredibly melodramatic and deep Gathgorian impression. "I have no reason to show mercy to Aurora now, but nor are they my primary concern. Include Afina. Her role for me is concluded,"

Here, Moore has to stop for a moment to just let out a loud sigh before he clears his throat and resumes his impression. "But no desire to slay her out of hand, not yet."

A quick sigh before he shakes it off. "Honestly, all that training for him to become One, and all he is is One big idiot."

Anastasia

Ebony closes her eyes, surely in prayer.

"Idiot or ont, he is powerful," Jetina warns, "Don't get too cocky."

"Still," Xandra says, "Best to remember Creation is not he he sees it, and righteous beings are not pawns for him to control as he sees fit, to give a momentary reprieve purely based on his objects."
<Afina> Forever.