Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore follows suit as the others!

Anastasia

Within.

Deeper.

The twisting ends. Ahead is a floor, no walls or ceilings. Here a massive bed sits, nothing else left behind. Sitting on it is a figure. It is tall and broad, like Gathgorian, though not to his massive size. It is muscled but lean muscle, not overwhelming. You see blonde hair, long and loose. A vaguely feminine body, hints of curves. Lightning crackles around it as it. A greatsword bigger than it is rests besides it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Have you taken a name for yourself, yet?" Moore asks. "I hate to keep referring to you as an 'it' or a 'thing.'"

Anastasia

"Child," Canderella comes forth, "You have Sylvie's hair?"

Cresiel steps forward as there, felt without saying a word.

'I have considered many,' it says, 'I am learning myriad things here.' A hand goes up to its hair, 'Yes.'
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I understand. It's a difficult thing to come up with a name." A smile after that, as he pauses. "You mentioned Gathgorian earlier?"

Anastasia

'Yes. Gathgorian created this,' the being says. 'I do not fully know how, only that he is not supposed to know this.'
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hm... but are the memories you have of 'that' Gathgorian the same as the 'real' Gathgorian?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"For that matter, are my memories the same as what you have of mine?" Canderella asks.

"Moore!" Xandra draws her blade in a moment, "We are not alone!"

Cresiel is at your side in an instant, shield drawn and hammer ready.

"What?" Ebony whirls, a spell on her lips.

'I understand. He knows that we are here.' The being states, no fear in his voice. 'It is his place, made with his hands and his will.'
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Then we need to leave." Moore says, immediately. "You are not safe here -- not from him, and not from Hell. You must have gained enough knowledge to know that Hell simply drags people and creatures down and simply doesn't ever let them go. If you fall into their hands you will never be free again to learn as you wish."

Anastasia

There is a moment at that, a consideration.

'I fear him, but I am not afraid of him,' the being says at last. 'I will come with you.'

A howl.

Winds howl, shattering the silence of the Astral. Behind you distortion tears itself apart, gale winds slamming into everyone.

Aurora.

The voice of the divine is heard in your minds, powerful and inexorable. The voice of Gathgorian is heard in your minds, festering like an open wound.

Holding her arms in front of her face, Ebony calls, "Do we face this evil or do we run?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If he's here, then you know it's a hop and a skip to his boss!" Moore shouts. "I'm not risking that!"

With that, Moore prays to Zaphkiel to get them out of there!

Moore's using Wish to get them to... well he doesn't know where Aurora is, but Elysium is a good guess!

[22:36] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+33 CL check just in case it's needed
[22:36] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 41 > [d20=8]

Anastasia

Initiative check, just you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[22:42] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+41
[22:42] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 60 > [d20=19]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+29
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=1]

Forgot +9 from one of his bonuses, sorry. Total is 39 but the rolls pretty much moot that anyway.

!!!

Gathgorian is there in a moment, a blur of malice and his blade. He is on you in that split second between gathering your will and invoking the names. His blade comes down just above you, where the magic begins to gather.

Yet by a miracle of speed and grace, you are that split second faster. The image of the devil sears itself into your eyes like a flaming brand, as the magic blows you away. A great wind leaves you reeling, drifting in the silent emptiness of the Silver Sea.

"A gate, now," Canderella intones, snapping off arcane words as a portal appears.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Go!" Moore shouts.

He was expecting the spell to take them to Elysium, but this is fine too!

He's going to make sure Ebony, Canderella and The Amalgam get through first. If anything happens between then he's using Time Stop.