News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Your words are heard, perhaps considered.

Warmth. Energy. A blue glow, surrounding you. Images bombard your mind. A feeling of growing, of empowering. Like your body aches and your claws itch and the flames race like runny lava in your veins.

You feel pulled to that point. Below. Below. Below.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore nods and will continue forward, looking for a way below!

Anastasia

Another stairway going down, a center stairway leading to various doors, but those aren't right. Down. Down. Down. Down.

Xandra follows unconcerned, while Cresiel does the same. As Kaja goes, "Is there any chance this doesn't end in bloodshed?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I think so." Moore says. "I mean, when's the last time you remember a shocker lizard not attacking you?"

Anastasia

The answer to that is silence.

"So the answer is to have a dragon f-" Jetina begins.

"Don't," Kaja says tiredly. "That's not the solution to problems."

"Except if you don't have enough half dragons," Jetina bandies right back, smiling.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"What I'm not clear on is where this thing came from." Moore says. "If it's a half-dragon anything, it could've come in here at any time... But maybe it's also unrelated to whatever is at the bottom?"

Anastasia

Smiling even more now, "Well, when a dragon and a lizard spend a lot of time together, love blo-" Jetina banters.

To this Cresiel shakes his head. "Enough."

"It may not have realized," Xandra says, "I would like to find out as well."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If we can befriend it, I want to." Moore says.  "That's my hope."

He continues on with a determined smile.

Anastasia

Down. Down. Down.

Thoughts press against your mind yet never push in. Visions of your party as you walk. Heat. Fire. Heat. Fire. Heat. Fire. It's getting warmer rapidly, the heat rising past the ambient and subdued heat of this area and becoming the heat of Fire.

To the bottom of the stairwell, through a door and hall, past more doors. There's tapestries here, rich tapestries well intact. It shows the sigil of an eagle in flight, clutching a sword in its talons.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Sure, Ill bite. K:whatever is appropriate for 105. 108 if it's Religion.

Moore keeps going ahead, becoming more and more curious about what they're going to find at the bottom of all of this, both figuratively and literally.

Anastasia

You recall something faint and almost forgotten: A sigil like this in a mortal kingdom known as Iylsos. One that met some manner of misfortune ages ago, mentioned once in a book of lore.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Could the 'house,' really refer to this...?

He continues on, glad they have protections against the heat.

Anastasia

Down and down, the tapestries not burning despite the heat. Another stairway, deeper in to a solid steel door. It's barred heavily over, lizards everywhere here, save on the door itself.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore assumes their host isn't going to stop them at this point, so he proceeds to try and open the door.

Anastasia

It opens. A small antechamber, murderholes noted in the walls. This door on the far end is already open. Within is a complex magical diagram, three dimension and a circle full of arcane writings and runes. An ambient radiance surrounds it as the big lizard sits in the middle. The thing is that it's now the size of about half a dozen Hannas, filling the room up and most of the circle. The light seems to flow into it, onto its sink.
<Afina> Forever.