News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Node Upgrades Rulings

Started by Anastasia, August 31, 2019, 12:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Work in progress, RL distracts.

For every 5 node goals you clear, you can improve one piece of equipment. This is tracked in your node's node thread, check it out there. This is for rulings relating to this.

NOTE: Ask me before any purchases. With infinite progressions things can break. Use good sense.

Basics

- Improving the enhancement bonus of a weapon, armor or shield by +1. Cost: 1 point per +1.
- Purchase a special ability on a weapon, armor or shield. Cost: 1 point per +1 of the special ability's price. For example, flaming costs 1 point while heavy fortification would cost 5 points. Special abilities that give a gold piece cost instead are subjective, talk to me about them and we'll work something out.
- Otherwise upgrade a weapon, armor or shield in a non standard way, or improve a non standard ability. Cost: Varies, ask me for a ruling and if I'll allow it.
- Upgrade any other piece of equipment in some way. Cost: Varies, ask me for a ruling and if I'll allow it.
- Change the bonus type of a bonus. Cost: Varies, ask me for a ruling and if I'll allow it.

Rulings

- Increasing the +21 dispel modifier for crystalvein by +5. Cost: 1 point.
- Increasing the +2 untyped Constitution bonus on the Aegis of the Tarrasque to +4. Cost: 2 points.
- Increasing the +4 untyped Constitution bonus on the Aegis of the Tarrasque to +6. Cost: 3 points.
- Improving a competence bonus to skill checks by +5. Cost: 1 point.
- Increasing a Belt of Magnificent+4 to +6. Cost: 1 point.
- Increasing the +2 insight Strength bonus on the Underground Choker to +4. Cost: 1 point.
- Increasing the +4 insight Strength bonus on the Underground Choker to +6. Cost: 2 points.
- Double the DC bonus and damage bonus on Soothsayer's Spite. Cost: 3 points.
- Increasing the daily uses of Soothsayer's Spite from 3 to 6. Cost: 1 point.
- Making Soothsayer's Spite a slotless item. Cost: 2 points.
- Increasing the +4 Intelligence and Wisdom bonus of Philosopher's Friend from +4 to +6. Cost: 3 points.
- Increasing the bonus sneak attack on Dragon's Grace from 2d6 to 4d6. Cost: 1 point.
- Increasing the bonus to monk level on a Monk's Belt by 5. Cost: 1 point.
- Add an ability to a monk's belt to negate the penalty to attack rolls with flailing strike. Cost: 1 point.

Ban List

These things aren't allowed.

- Creating new untyped ability score bonuses on anything. Reason: Balance. It's inviting ability score bloat in a campaign where there's multiple, PC driven ways to increase ability scores.
- Improving Seira's Aegis of the Tarrasque's miss chance on lines, cones and rays from 50% to 100%, ala Latha's. Reason: I just rebuilt her because others nabbed her gimmick. Let's not start that up again. I might revisit this in the future. Emphasis on might.
- Improving Seira's Aegis of the Tarrasque's miss chance on lines, cones and rays to apply to everything. Reason: Balance. I may come back to this one later, but right now it doesn't feel needed.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?