News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

IRC bonus scenes

Started by Anastasia, July 28, 2019, 10:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

These scenes are canon, but are purely fluff that serves a particular purpose. Namely, the point is to get into the head of the characters and simply let them flow. It's practice and clarification, a little time given to them to let their personalities stretch out.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

> Alyssa works atop her tower. It's an unremarkable day as she works on important but mundane things - setting up teaching rules, establishing certain laws as well as what few laws Shaundakul imposes, seeing to organization twists and turns. Amid it all there's a knocking before Emily comes in, "Ah, Alyssa?" she asks. "Are you busy?"
<Iddy> "Not with anything I can't do while listening, if you don't mind that. Sit and talk."
> Emily comes in, sitting primly and pausing only to smooth over the skirt of the simple dress she wears today. Nothing fancy at all, simply day to day wear of brown with golden threads and accents. "Do you see Bastian around much? I often think he's off wandering somewhere or another, but always makes it back in time for anything important."
<Iddy> "
<Iddy> "I don't. Well, occasionally I see him practicing or simply lounging. I think he might be more in tune with wandering. It does seem like he has a sixth sense for knowing where to be, though. Considering the trait of this demi-plane, taking us where we want to go, I think it may be something Shaundakul gave him. He's a private person, though. Why?"
> "He gets along with Jarem the best," Emily admits, hands resting in her lap as she sits upright. "Don't you think so? They act so...so....manly when they're around each other. No, that's not quite. Like men? All braggadocio and casual violence." Looking down at her hands, "Is that what brothers are like?"
<Iddy> Alyssa stops writing for a moment, but then continues. "... I don't know, really. That's a question for Alihana. I was very young."
> With a sad smile, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to touch on that. I just thought you'd know more than I would. All my aunts are wonderful, but I don't have many uncles. There's Donald, but he's..." A pause here, "...He's himself."
<Iddy> "Most men are... Themselves. But I think what you mean is normal, yes. Jarem and Bastian get along, but I think it's more because they're surrounded by us women and are banding together. I don't think they're anywhere close enough to consider each other brothers.
> With that smile lingering on her face, "Yes, I suppose we do rather surround them. Jarem's so strong, too. He never shows any weakness, he's always self assured. It's so appealing," she admits, "It's..." Emily bites down on her lower lip, "Bastian too. There's a part of me that really likes that about them."
<Iddy> Alyssa puts her pen down and looks at Emily, "Emily, if you want to ask Bastian out on a date, feel free. All I have to say about it is the same I told Jarem: Be adult about it and make sure you prioritize correctly and keep your mind straight when you have to make choices."
> This gets a faint blush to blossom across Emily's cheeks, like the first hint of the morning sunrise. "No, I don't mean it like that." Quickly shaking her head, "I like that about them, but it doesn't mean I'm interested in them romantically. ...though when I do find someone, I think I'd like them to have that same confidence and drive."
<Iddy> "Ah. So you're measuring your interests with them as a barometer? Interesting. You should talk to my mom, actually. I think Alihana and I went through the same sort of thing, only with our father."
> "No!" Emily blushes more now, "Alyssa, stop." Holding up a hand as her face burns a deep, spreading red, "I was going to talk about something I like about you next, and Mom help me, I don't want you thinking I'm interested in you!"
<Iddy> "Well, you're being very circumspect here. Say it out right."
> "I'm not..." Emily closes her eyes a moment, "I'm not being circumspect about anything. It was only an observation, as surely as Lathander rises in the morn and Selune rises in the night."
<Iddy> "Okay, so what it is it you admire?"
> A breath is taken, long and slow. "I was going to say it's laudable how well you've taken care of your family. Family's always important, and mortal families can be broken so easily. Poisoned hearts, lonely duties and the depravities of death and disease can so easily sunder a family apart. I've checked in on all of them, they're prospering thanks to you."
<Iddy> "Ah, yes. That. I've seen it from others in the Order. We take... took... in entire families. When the ones gifted with magical talent started to excel... It sometimes broke things. We learned from it, and I certainly don't want it to happen to me. But thank you, I appreciate it. You should try to talk to your family more. Maybe ask for a brother."
> "I think my parents prefer sisters," Emily says wryly, "That and I don't think they're planning on any more children for some time.  Though perhaps that will change now that Xera and I are both away from home?"
<Iddy> "Never hurts to ask. Or go adopt one yourself!"
> Shaking her head now as a smile slowly sneaks its way onto her face, "One day, but not today. I'd like to find someone special, but neither of those two are right. What about you, do you have a man who has caught you eye?"
<Iddy> "Emily, I'll be honest here. I haven't really ever considered it. First I joined the Order and magic was new and wonderful and took all my attention. Then my new power did the same, except for being terrifying. Then everything that led here. It's not something I ever really had time to consider. But I'm not entirely opposed to it, if I happened to meet someone."
> Smiling openly now, "Have you ever considered what sort of man you'd like, Alyssa?" Emily asks.
<Iddy> "Not really. Honestly, probably someone a bit like my father. I liked watching him work with his hands, but I'd also like to talk shop with him. So maybe an enchanter? Maker of magic items? Don't really know."
> "A blacksmith?" Emily muses aloud, "An artisan of some kind. It need not be spells alone." A single finger taps against the side of her chair, "I can't talk about this manner of thing with Ianvasah. She's strange. She doesn't like men, but supports...well...not even relationships. Simply, ah, lovemaking and procreation."
<Iddy> "She's a druid. They come in all sorts. She's just a bit more hedonistic and nature oriented about relationships than some. She might find someone, too. Though.. That would be an interesting sight. We could use a Wish to find someone for her."
> "Mm." A non commital sort of noise, meaning nothing. "Dolmaya, on the other hand, seems so old and experienced. It's difficult to at times to talk to her about some things, I feel like a child asking Mother about things."
<Iddy> "Yes, she's been a mother already as well. Try thinking of her as an older sister, one who's already been married."
> "I'll try," Emily says, "And..." A momentary trail off, silence before, "I believe I'm hungry now," she declares, "Shall we take lunch?"
<Iddy> "Yes! But I have work, so lets keep it a little shorter."
> Thus the two go off to eat and from there the duties looming ahead come forth, which...
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

> Alyssa drowses. It's a simple thing in the early morning, wakefulness nipping against the steady tide of sleepiness. You drowse deep in a dreamscape, lost in an unreality that ever so slowly gives away to reality.  You blink your eyes open, the first rays of sunlight coming in from your windows.
<Alyssa> Alyssa squints at it and pulls a pillow up to block it.
> You do so. It stops the onslaught of light, at least. It doesn't stop a cheerful call of, "With the dawn comes opportunities," from outside of your window.
<Alyssa> "With unpleasant wakefulness comes offensive spells."
> Dolmaya's chuckle is heard despite your grumpiness. "Rise already."
* Alyssa rolls over.
<Alyssa> "I'm the Queen. I make the getting up rules."
> Dolmaya flies in your window and lands deftly on the floor. "Did you stay up too late?" she asks.
<Alyssa> Alyssa waves her hand in the air.
<Alyssa> "I have a trinket that makes it so I don't need more than a few hours. I just enjoy it. What's got you here so early?"
> "Restlessness," Dolmaya says, "As well as a need to study and work. Come, the day is young, let's do something worthwhile with it.":
<Alyssa> Alyssa sighs and floats up, shifting her clothes and using a bit of magic to straighten herself up, floating her gear over to her.
<Alyssa> "What's your plan, then?"
> "Practice. Come, some exercise will awaken your mind," Dolmaya says, going to fly out the window. "A queen rarely has the luxury of idle sleep."
<Alyssa> "This one will. What kind of practice?"
> "Spell and sword, or bow and arrow," Dolmaya says, "Whatever gets your mind awakened."
<Alyssa> "I don't have a sword or bow. I have an axe. A large one. With an attitude. It's quite cute."
* Alyssa pulls Life-Drinker out with a grin.
> "That's the spirit," Is the answer you get. Dolmaya goes to fly out now, waving you to follow. "Show me some energy and some vigor."
* Alyssa raises an eyebrow and follows.
> The yards are quiet at this hour, no one up yet. Dolmaya lands with the softest sound of feet on ground. "How have you been training lately?" she asks.
<Alyssa> "Combat and theory crafting. Thought exercises."
> A short nod, "All wise things to learn," Dolmaya says, who goes to a weapon rack. With a deft toss she passes you a heavy mace. "Try something different for a morning. Keep yourself in good learning."
* Alyssa catches it with her TK.
> It's a heavy mace. It's heavy but otherwise what you'd expect. "Now come at me - don't worry about form, just practice."
* Alyssa approaches slowly, then, just outside melee range, Alyssa launches all the weapons from the training rack at Dolmaya with her TK and immediately swings the mace at her.
> OOC: Just for giggles, make an attack roll.
<Alyssa> OOC: Gimme a few, on phone.
<Alyssa> roll 1d20+63 TK ATK/Cunning Insight - raw, no weapon enchantment bonus, +3 if Terrain Mastery applies
<Penuche> Alyssa invokes Penuche's magic: < 76 > [d20=13]
> WHAM! Dolmaya lets out a yelp of surprise as she's besieged, battered down rather harshly. The barrage is partially blocked at the last moment by a word of magic, but enough hit her that your own mace sends her down to the ground, in a rather inelegant heap.
<Alyssa> OOC: My go again?
> OOC: If you want to press it, sure.
* Alyssa uses her TK to tangle the weapons between Dolmaya's legs, making it harder to get up, the prepares to slam her back down with the mace if she tries to fly.
> Dolmaya stays down several moments, "...Alyssa?" she asks with a groan.
<Alyssa> "Yessssss?"
> Ever so slowly Dolmaya asks, "Was that needed?"
<Alyssa> "Training is meant to be as effective as possible. Oh, you still haven't yielded yet, and your hands are free for casting, so I'm considering how much telekinetic force is needed to completely immobilize you. Without crushing you, that is."
> "The point was to come at me with a new eapon," Dolmaya says, staying prone. "A simple test. Was that unclear?"
<Alyssa> "Did I not make contact with the mace? I simply did what I could to improve my odds. Also, hands."
> "...at least you're invigorated," Dolmaya starts to sit up, "That's enough."
<Alyssa> "I do appreciate the sentiment. At some point, I'll find myself in an Anti-Magic Field with only what's in my hands. I know this, and I do practice for it. But I also use everything around me as a weapon as often as I can, so I'll do the same on reflex when it counts."
<Alyssa> "If you want to do pure physical training, though, don't mention spells and swords together, and have a master instructor present for corrections."
> Rubbing the side of her shoulder, "Let's get breakfast," she decides, getting up. "Shall we?"
* Alyssa grins and uses TK to help brush her clean.
<Alyssa> "Yes, let's!"
<Afina> Forever.