News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Rainbows loom

Started by Anastasia, October 12, 2019, 07:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The Court of Paladins is a circle. A great circle, lined by what must be thousands of statues of brave warriors. Warriors brave and true to the last - and yet as you watch, another appears and another. Statues of men and women, of all races great and small. It is a steady increase. Here a great cloud of planetars see to them - they tend the statues old and new. They never stop, in motion and seeing to them.

Within the circle is open space save for a throne. This throne is of gold and glory, a painful thing to look at. You feel the resonation of a thousand battlecries in your mind, feel the pain of a million wounds suffered for a better tomorrow. As each new statue appears, yet more seems to come from the throne.

The figure that sits on this throne is a tall, powerful warrior. One of his hands is gone, but otherwise he is clad in heavy armor, tall and proud. He is yet old, a long white beard, but his body has no sign of infirmity.

"Approach," Tyr says from his throne, "You are expected, Duke Moore."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore will fly forward and kneel down, as is the proper thing to do in a situation such as this!

Anastasia

The others join you. After long moments Tyr rises from his throne, a gesture from his good hand. In an instant the circle is clear, save for the statues that seem to spread impossibly far and forever. "Rise," Tyr commands.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore pulls himself up to flutter in front of Tyr!

He's... rather curious why they're there, but he has a feeling that part is coming next.

Anastasia

Your friends do so as well, all silent.

"What do you know of Torm," Tyr asks, to the point.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

In this case, I'd say he'll take 10 on whatever relevant Ks are here (108 for all of them unless it's Religion in which case it's 111) for anything that he'd normally be aware of.

Was Torm the one who went missing?

Anastasia

Torm was the one who fell a few thousand years ago and became the Hateful Fury. Do you need a refresher on it?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

The one who left the void Auril took over, right?

Either way, yes, a brief primer would be helpful.

Anastasia

No, that was Talos.

Torm used to be an LG deity woh oversaw things like honor and paladins and all those things. Shit went really wrong against the God-King and he ultimately fell hard is the long and short of it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Too many T's.

"My most basic understanding is he oversaw honor, paladins and things of that nature, and he ultimately fell." Moore says, simply. "More specific than that I am unaware of."

Anastasia

Tyr nods, "We're going to get him back, one day," Tyr says, "Hope will need to be a part of that to reach him."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's head tilts a very small amount.

"Of course, I would have no doubt of that." He says, afterwhich he does smile a small amount. "Is that the main reason I've been asked here today?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Tyr says, "When that day comes, it will be no easy task and many resources and heroes will be drawn on to achieve it."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods, bowing low once. "I'm honored that you believe I can be of some assistance."

Anastasia

"I ask many for aid in this," Tyr turns to you, offering you his good hand. "Many others work on this task in various means and angles. Should I need it, can I count on your aid when this day comes?"
<Afina> Forever.