News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Rainbows loom

Started by Anastasia, October 12, 2019, 07:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You soon get some time alone with Elena after, where you have a chance to ask what you will. The two of you are walking down to your quarters here, Elena whistling away and carrying a little basket of little cake bites with her. She munches on them slowly, and you swear you can feel the contentment radiate off of her.

Go ahead.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Would you mind looking at something for me?" Moore asks. He takes out the parchment with what he's figured out thus far of Calley's research and offers it over to her. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to, but this what I believe to be a key to finding Sylvie."

Anastasia

"Oh," Elena says, "I've seen you working on that around here." The research is taken and looked at...and in moments Elena's eyes cross, "...eh?!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"If you're not sure about it, that's okay." Moore says with a smile. "But I would appreciate any leads you have on libraries, especially ones that you might all of a sudden be able to remember?" He looks over with a broad smile.

Anastasia

Elena wobbles back and forth before going ghostly, gone and then back besides you. "That's too much," she says, "Sorry, libraries what now?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Are you aware of any secret libraries or ones that may have come up that aren't common knowledge?" Moore asks with a smile.

Anastasia

"Well..." Elena waits until you're in your room with her. She smiles, "You know that one spell Tepen made, the library spell?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I use it all the time." Moore says with a nod.

Anastasia

"Why don't you go to that library?" Elena says pleasantly.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"...Sorry, do you mean... go to Tepen?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"Oh, well..." Elena says, "Medi spent some time studying ideas and the idea of super ideas - where ideas come from and how they manifest in deities through deific action, portfolios and the essential combination between them and the living reality of an evolving knowledgescape, especially if you accept the theory that knowledge is self evolving by its basic nature, since that means you have to logically accept some version of philosophical idealism."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore opens his mouth, blinks, then closes it. "So... you mean..."

He takes a breath in as he tries to sort out the words. "You mean to say I should see if I'm able to, in some sense, find the thing that powers that spell, the bit of magic, or the idea, that allows it to function -- in essence, the piece of information that links yourself to libraries?"

Anastasia

"Something like that? Medi talked about ideas and the like," Elena admits, "I don't really follow most of it, it's very theoretical."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Did he write any of it down anywhere? I mean, I can probably talk to Oghma or something about it at worst..." Moore supposes. "But having a starting point would be helpful."

Anastasia

A headshake, "He made it anathemic, or something made it anathemic. I'm not clear on what happened," Elena admits, scratching at her cheek. "Not the idea, just...the particular way he was researching it, I think. He never got around to tell me why or what happened."
<Afina> Forever.