News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

With that a portal is opened and thus you return home. As you stand in Sylica Jessica takes a long breath.

"Now we have choices to make, sister."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Yes," Alicia agrees, feeling the weight of the bag she's carrying in both hands as they stand in Sylica's wilderness. "Do you want to use your portion yourself or grant it to another? I fear we can't hold onto this for long, the risk of it being discovered and stolen is too great, so we must decide and act swiftly."

Also this should satisfy Jessica's node goal and then some.

Anastasia

"I..." A moment, a sensation. A connection to Jessica, bright as a star in that moment.

Node update.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia isn't particularly comforted. It means Zaphkiel knows what they have. Mystra surely knows as well, given all the magic that was thrown around in their efforts to acquire it. Those are both friendly yes, and can be trusted not to come steal it. But who else might now be casting their eyes towards something precious in Sylica?

"Yes, I felt it too," she says briskly. "But we can't tarry on this, Jessica. I'm thinking of giving my portion to Latha. There are upsides and downsides to it, but overall I think it for the best."

Anastasia

"To Marie or for myself," Jessica says, "Call her to us, sister. I must ask her a few questions to determine if she wants this, and if it is the right choice."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia sends their location to Marie and Latha alike through the proxy connection, calling them forth.

Marie appears a second later. "You're back, how'd it go?" she asks, looking between them.

Anastasia

Latha likewise appears, "Is all well, Alicia?"

"We succeeded," Jessica states plainly, "It's in the bag sister holds. A seed with two charges."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia takes it out of the bag so they can see. "I won't be using it myself. There are consequences to spreading divinity amongst us, the attention we attract could well be unbearable. But in the long term it will pay off enormously as we all grow strong enough to support each other. Latha, I would like you to use this divine seed left behind by the Incarnation of Balance."

Marie just stares.

Anastasia

"Marie. Marielle," Jessica gently puts her hand on Marie's shoulder, "I'd like to offer you my charge, but only if you're willing and able to accept such a burden. This choice - it will change you, it's already changed me and will change me further. I have begun to become an ideal, a focus, a purpose in Creation. It's the answer to your wildest ambition, but also the greatest responsibility Creation has to offer."

Latha bows her head to Alicia, "I'm humbled, Alicia. I will accept this, for the sake of tomorrow and our needs of victory against darkness. So that one day we will stand triumphant in a Creation that no longer fears what lies in the night."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Then you are no longer my proxy," Alicia rests a free hand over Latha's head, taking back that borrowed fragment of her divinity before she offers Latha the seed and it's far greater potential to grow the same.

"Ah... well... I mean..." Marie stammers a bit, wide-eyed and totally unprepared. It's been joked about a few times but never with any serious expectation on her end, especially not that anything could happen so soon. "I don't have time to think about this, do I?" she asks nervously, looking over at Alicia and Latha.

Anastasia

"This is dangerous," Jessica says, "If anyone knows we hold one, if word spread? Sylica would be like a gold rush of the powerful and ambitious. There's time, but precious little in case greater beings have discerned our treasure and our victory. Such a thing could even cause the greater powers to perhaps risk war on the spot." A long breath, "Sorry, Marie. Io was wise to bestow his seed on us in a place beyond notice."

It is meanwhile done. Latha takes a breath and waits one moment for Marie.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Then I'll do it," Marie nods, squaring her shoulders. "I'll help you all, and Mystra too! I'll be a great goddess!"

"Thank you, Marie. We'll be glad to take you with us... in that case," she reaches over towards her once familiar and current proxy, withdrawing her divine spark. "You are no longer my proxy. From now on you must stand beside me."

Anastasia

"I'm ready," Latha nods, solemn as meanwhile Jessica exhales heavy.

"Both of you, good luck ahead." Jessica smiles after, as Latha reaches out for the seed. A flare of light as she becomes, a moment of will as reality itself adjusts to her presence. There is a sense of her, a sense of more as she stands there, silent. "Then let the dawn come," she prays quietly. "For I will bring it."

Latha gains divine rank zero. I'll update her sheet tonight, it's minimal since her proxy sheet has DvR0 written in besides a few adjustments.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Welcome, goddess of the sun Latha," Alicia smiles at her while Marie nervously shifts on her feet and waits for her turn.

Anastasia

Latha nods...and hugs Alicia openly. "That deserves more than a smile," she laughs, bright and carefree and happy.

"Marie," Jessica gently prods. "It's time."
<Afina> Forever.