News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Chronias

Started by Anastasia, December 17, 2019, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"I would use it," Latha speaks up at last, "My mace has been a great blessing, my Lord, but I cannot deny the ability of that sword."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

To be clear I'm waiting for Iddy to have a chance to speak up on these, in case either feel right for someone in his node. So feel free to be interested in either, Iddy, we'll sort it out if you are.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Greatsword is fantastic and better than Life-Drinker, but it comes down to build effectiveness for me. Latha would probably make better use of it in general, outside of Aerial Assembly. Life-Drinker's only real weakness here is that it isn't +10 and can't inflict negative levels vs. deities.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Your call. Say so IC either way so I can get things moving.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"As much as I enjoy a fantastic weapon as the next girl, I'm not a fighter, I'm a wizard. It'll find a better home with Latha. But that does bring me to a point. I don't pose any true threat to deities, as I am. I plan to try for One, but... It's a long shot. As distasteful as it is for most here, does anyone know a way to imbue my weapon with the ability to harm or slay a God?"

Anastasia

"No," Zaphkiel says, "The concept of a god slayer, 21 aside, it not something you will find in Creation. Mortals are not meant to slay deities, at most they can break up their body for a time."

"The simplest way is to gain divinity and then be strong enough to do the job. Divinity helps as it makes you much stronger, as well." Sylvie points out.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sighs, "I figured that. Was just hoping there was something. I've been trying to train myself to be One ever since I heard of it, so I don't want to abandon that route unless I fail. Until then, I suppose I'll just have to be careful. I'll need to figure out how to use the book to better my chances and a way to improve myself to feel confident in my chances."

Nephrite

"I think it's ultimately rather rare that that sort of thing even happens." Moore says. "I think it isn't worth it to risk politically for many deities to embark on a mission to slay another."

Anastasia

"Now, our time grows short," Zaphkiel says, "Even bound, the glories of Chronias will not be denied for long."

"I want to stay," Latha says suddenly, "With every impulse in my heart. Why, my Lord?"

"You are of law and good. This is your natural and final home. Every bit of your essence that is attuned to those echos this truth within your heart. Alicia feels the same, because her heart and essence are the same. Were she to listen to it and not resist, she too would want nothing more than to stay.""

"...and I can't stay. I...is it wrong for me to want to?" Latha asks, looking up at Zaphkiel, "Have I betrayed all my friends have done for me and all we stand for by this wish?" Her voice shakes, a hand going to her blindfold, yet it falls away at the last moment.

"No," A gentle voice, a gentle word. "Your truest self knows what you soul desires. One day, when there is an Answer across all Creation that affirms law and righteousness, all the gates to Chronias will open and Chronias will spread all across Creation. I will not rest until that day. Hold that wisdom in your heart and know that one day, all of Creation will share perfection with you and that evil will be no more. Until that day, stay with your friends and family. Strive to make Sylica as perfect and as beautiful as you can."

"Now for other questions, other times - I am a word or thought away." Zaphkiel says, "Go forth and grow stronger, grow more and become the hope that Creation needs for its salvation."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Nephrite

"We all have a lot of work to do." Moore says. "Thank you for everything."

Anastasia

"Now...return."

A whisper and the seven of you emerge, back on the Bridge of Al-Sihal. Your companions look on and await word of what is to come. As you all return to them, radiant anew and Xerona removes your blindfolds, one thing is clear.

This is the end of the beginning.

Shar and Ao await. Will you forge yourself into worthy champions to face them?

End Part One: Establishment of Balmuria 6: The Answer.

The nodes have reached level 35. Congratulations!

Yes, I'm sure there's more questions in due time. You'll be able to ask and pursue as you see fit in your own time coming up.
<Afina> Forever.