News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shentino

Well they were always cheap for me since my insurance paid for them with zero deductible.  I never really even got the bill, so to speak.  DSHS handled everything.

Funny thing is that I'm lucky the lenses were still intact and all I needed was new frames, since lenses are strict 2-year interval replacement thingies.  I'm wearing a MacGyveresque hack job cobbled together from the clinic's parts bin that actually looks fairly decent, plus I have some officially new frames on the way to being delivered.

Merc

My complaint is that Donkey Kong Country Returns was a HUGE disappointment. It's not that the game is ugly, or the levels don't look fun. The problem lies simply in that the controls are utter SHIT and completely turns what should have been an enjoyable game into a frustrating experience.

So fine, some people can adjust fine to the shitty wiggle control mechanics, but why the hell didn't they put control options for people that DON'T want to be playing it with it, or just some form of options besides shitty option A and shitty option B? Why are we FORCED to rely on clunky mechanics instead of having some simple gamecube controller or classic controller support? THE GAME SYSTEM IS BUILT WITH SUPPORT FOR THESE RETRO STUDIOS! GET THE HINT! ADD SOME GODDAMN SUPPORT YOURSELVES!

To be honest, the blowing or ground pound mechanic being tied to wiggle controls don't bother me at all. They're not going to kill me due to responsiveness and they're not vital to the gameplay. The rolling mechanic is a -vital- part of DKC games though, and having it tied to wiggle controls fundamentally bugs the hell out of me. It's extremely frustrating to pull off a roll-jump and each time I shake the controller and fail because DK either does not even -roll-, or he jumps too early/late after roll, I feel like shaking the controller for a different reason afterwards.

And because I have the latest system firmware, I have two options: (1) Either I get used to the shitty controls (2) I buy Smash Brawl so I can homebrew the game.

The worst part is that the game gets rave reviews and almost none of them really go into detail into just how BAD the controls are and the whole having to get used to it.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

Ubuntu told me it had updates ... so I updated.  The new version did not support my wireless hardware.  Interesting security feature, but it did completely protect me from the internet.

Once I got around that, and found a newer version of Ubuntu to upgrade, it didn't mention that it would wipe out all of my files and settings....  Absolutely all of them....
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jon

Is this the year of Linux on the desktop?

Brian

Maybe for people who have desktops. ;)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Random one off: Am I the only one who finds 'Ranma goes to college' fics to be inherently stupid? I just can't see him there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 01, 2011, 02:18:52 AM
Random one off: Am I the only one who finds 'Ranma goes to college' fics to be inherently stupid? I just can't see him there.

Ranma is going to Toudai like he promised, and you can't do anything to stop him.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on January 01, 2011, 02:18:52 AM

yeah, mostly pretty weird to see him there.  It's hard view.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Google 'Ranma declaration of motherhood'

Sometimes there are no words.
<Afina> Forever.

Jon

Anastasia

Good man. (Unlike Ranma, apparently.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Stumbling back from the bathroom half asleep, ready to go back to bed? It's the perfect time to slip, trip and jackknife yourself into the head of your bed. The hard, nasty, painful end.
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

Wife had to go to Dallas for a day. Miss her already.

Dracos

It didn't take long to remember why I don't miss my housemates.  god damn hypocritical slobs.

ah motivation to buy a place :)
Well, Goodbye.