News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

Heh. It's one of my favorites, especially the Ben Affleck line. ;p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

thepanda

My grandmother died yesterday.

That makes, what, three funerals this year? Plus the accident my sister is still recovering from. Crap, but this has been a year. -_-

Brian

Cripes.  I'm sorry to hear that, Panda. :(

I hope things take a better turn for you shortly. :)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Condolences, Panda. I had both grandmothers die this year, it blows.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

graaaarrg

72 hours of testing progress lost to a failed VM and a host of other hardware issues. -_-

No Thursday off after all.

Can't wait until Thanksgiving for a day to sleep in.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Quote from: Brian on November 13, 2011, 10:06:54 PM
graaaarrg

72 hours of testing progress lost to a failed VM and a host of other hardware issues. -_-

No Thursday off after all.

Can't wait until Thanksgiving for a day to sleep in.

Seriously, you gotta put in for at least a weekend day off at some point.  They got other testing staff right?
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Purchased a liquid concoction known as "Lung Lover" from the local juicery.

*blagh*

Not buying any drinks with cayenne from them again. In general, this is the kind of place where they give the customer ample opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot. If you want a 32oz bottle of chilled beetroot juice with nutmeg, they will give you a 32oz bottle of chilled beetroot juice with nutmeg.

(The latter item was excellent in a heat wave, and completely undrinkable otherwise.)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Iron Dragoon

Got hit in the face with a Kevlar helmet today. Busted my eye open (but no stitches or anything) and bent my prescription Oakley's beyond my ability to fix.

Now I have no sunglasses, a bleeding, swollen eye, and a headache. No black eye yet, though.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Ugh ... I'm sorry to hear that, Iddy. :x

Down to 38ish days, right?  Hang in there!  I hope to see you stateside at some point. :)

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Urgh, nothing like being stomachsick and wanting to curl up into a little ball.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Feeling better, Ana?

For myself....  Gave up on trying to put together that Pathfinder game.  Just not happening.  Too many scheduling issues, travel issues, issue issues, etc.  Man, I really wanted to be able to play or run a game. -_-

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Condolences. It's a pain in the ass to get a gaming group together, let alone when there is adversity. You could always try finding a gaming shop and advertising, but that can be one hell of a gamble.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Yeah ... Drac and I will try recruiting more locally (or, actually, probably joining some other game) some time in January.  Just kinda frustrating. :\

Sadly, it seems to be the only real option.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

*sneezes* Well, there's upsides?  It's not like we were throwing together a good group.  We might have better luck on randoms?  There is in theory a thriving pathfinder community out here.
Well, Goodbye.