News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I'm sick. Head/upper respiratory. I sound like a fucking mummy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

So this week was a second week of pretty brutal crunch.  I went fuck this a bit during it and headed home at normal hours some nights just to remain humanish.

Star quote though of the week "Well, I'm not very motivated to work on this mission critical thing I'm assigned."  Wah, wah...I'm not your fuckin' boss and don't assign you work.  You don't get paid 6 digits to always work on fun shit.  Sometimes scut work needs to be done and it's not like I want to do it anymore than you do.  No tossing your crap repeatedly my way, and grow the hell up.

yeah, lots of various 'well, I have a deadline, but I don't really feel like making it.' stuff too.
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

I'll do scut work for six figures. Where do I sign up?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

It probably has headaches like needing to know how to program and do all those things. Y'know, requirements.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Driving a motorcycle in full gear in 100 degree heat for 10 hours is f'n miserable!
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 07, 2015, 11:37:03 PM
Driving a motorcycle in full gear in 100 degree heat for 10 hours is f'n miserable!

I never would have imagined that.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

I feel tired and uninspired. what do
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Today the clown car was moving at full speed, in circles with all squeaky horns going.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

This whole "work" thing is the grindiest MMO I've ever played. It takes way too long to level and the loot is lousy.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Yuthirin

Quote from: Dracos on September 11, 2015, 12:36:33 AM
Today the clown car was moving at full speed, in circles with all squeaky horns going.

I understand days like this.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

This week has been insane and I'll be so tremendously glad when it's over. 2 more hours.

Dracos

My morning started with the german team whining as they failed to put together tickets for what they needed and stressed the importance of having things they were too incompetent to set up themselves without help.

Then "Um, the game repo is broken.  Help please." - 9:10 am.  Infrustructure tech after an all nighter at that point.

Yeah.  That was my day.

Fuck Git.  Fuck Gitlab.  And fuck the architecture of string and shit they encourage.  Repo corruption by space allocation?  Management systems that take 600 GB for a 6 gb repo?  History rewrites on mainline that leave any sense of 'is everything there' up to fate?

"Hey is this commit in mainline?  Who fucking knows, we have a standard integrate option that loses that information".

"Is this backup copy of the git repo a true backup?  No?" - I got to watch as once we had it back up, we realized our backup wasn't quite right, so we rebuilt it over 2 hours of fiddling with commits.  I can't say I've ever had such an enormously stupid thing happen even going all the way back to fiddling with CVS.

Yes, great power and stupid usage...but you know, there's a lot to be said for systems that don't have a 'History?  What the FUCK is that?' option when they're revision control systems.

Edit:
Also screw jenkins for anything outside of toy projects.  Seriously, having hundreds of copies of git repos to get synced back up with the fixed repo was a complete nightmare, and only part of it was our stupid as hell scripts.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Bleh, made a request a while ago that broke abunch of backend stuff.  Annoying @_@
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on September 21, 2015, 02:15:23 PM
Bleh, made a request a while ago that broke abunch of backend stuff.  Annoying @_@

Well, as long as you have good backups, try and fix it up.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Today's been a day.

Car battery died at lunch, stuck out in the sun until I finally found a coworker with jumper cables willing to drive to where I went for lunch, jumpstarted it, got back to the office, jumpstarted it again, car died on the road, jumpstarted it a third time, made it to a car shop, replaced battery, got home, received SD card that supposedly will fix treadmill (did I mention my treadmill's program got fucked? I'm sure I didn't, but yeah, it's fucked, I had fun all of last week trying to get customer service for that), wrestled with screws trying to figure out how to get to the goddamn console slot where the SD card goes, finally figured it out, seem to have two screws extra, not giving a fuck about that because you know what just fuck it, and now just waiting for SD card to finish with installer crap and to see if treadmill works again.

Did I mention today's been a day? It's been a day.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.