News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yeah. I'm at the bottom of the ladder and knew I wouldn't get anything. My state being bad on unemployment coverage is just bad luck on top of it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on July 05, 2018, 03:47:09 PM
Yeah. I'm at the bottom of the ladder and knew I wouldn't get anything. My state being bad on unemployment coverage is just bad luck on top of it.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. :(

Which state is this, if you don't mind me asking?
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Whoops. Virginia, meant to reply to this and I forgot.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Car accident. Collision with 18-wheeler. Bigger vehicle won.

My car got wrecked.

I thankfully had two witnesses step up that I was in the right even though other guy claimed otherwise and had camera. Cops said I was in the right before they checked footage and didn't say otherwise afterwards, so I can see only assume footage agreed with me and witnesses as well.

Feeling physically okay, though obviously frazzled, but going to doctor to get checked just to make sure.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on July 18, 2018, 11:58:11 AM

My car got wrecked.

I thankfully had two witnesses step up that I was in the right even though other guy claimed otherwise and had camera. Cops said I was in the right before they checked footage and didn't say otherwise afterwards, so I can see only assume footage agreed with me and witnesses as well.

Feeling physically okay, though obviously frazzled, but going to doctor to get checked just to make sure.

Geez, glad to hear you're okay. Hope you're fine and the doc gives you a clean bill of health, that's scary.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on July 18, 2018, 11:58:11 AM

My car got wrecked.

Car accidents are terrifying.

I'm glad you're all right, Merc.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

So how's all the car wreck stuff shake out, Merc?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Car is a total loss, I've been in a rental this whole week. Insurance did their investigations and fully found other guy at fault. Need to sign paperwork and pick up checks on Friday, and then go car shopping this weekend.

Physically, I'm doing alright and started going to gym again. I can't quite do as much as I used to, but that's more soreness than anything, I think. Mentally...doing okay, just feel uncomfortable driving for the time being but I'll get used to it again.

It doesn't help that the rental is a much smaller car than what I've gotten used to and lacks a lot of the technology/safety features I've come to take for granted (reverse/side cameras, warning beeps, etc).

But overall, doing okay and as far as I can tell, insurance gave me a reasonable shake for my car's worth (they priced it at about what the car would have been worth in excellent condition on average by KBB).

Anastasia

Good, good. Sounds about as well as it could've gone.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

That sounds frightening.  I am glad you are alright, Merc.

------------

Tropical storms drove us back across the pacific a day early.  I am back.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Dracos

Why Monday?  Sunday was so nice.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc