Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Been sick most the week.  My team also has.  Been just a barrel of monkeys :(
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Ah, work bugs. Those are the worst. It's like work, only with more misery attached.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

I also just did a two week bronchitis thing.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

Slacker posted this over on discord: https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/bzg753/a_ton_of_scanlators_leaving_mangadex/

Lame that scanlators are abandoning the one aggregator site that tries to respect scanlators by giving them their "wait X days before posting here" or generally letting them handle their own releases, giving links to their sites, no watermarks for their aggregator site onto pages...all so they can push people to their own sites/patreon/readers.

As Slacker also put it: I just... have to appreciate the sheer balls it takes to go "HOW DARE YOU TRY TO (maybe) MAKE MONEY OFF THIS (one day)!" and follow it with "By the way, our Patreon is right over here and did you know some of us get things out and translated before the actual manga is published in Japan?"
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

KLSymph

Speaking as someone who translates for three manga groups, two of which having been with and then left MangaDex, my understanding that there may be individual reasons why groups leave MangaDex besides the money complaint. At least that's what the two groups I'm familiar with have said. I see pros and cons after looking at the arguments being discussed, so I don't have a strong position, since I use MangaDex and don't balk at my translations being posted there, but I'm not offended by groups like my own choosing not to aggregate there either.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Another work week.  Here's going.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Steady issues with my PC have resulted in severe frustration.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

* Anastasia pats.

Any closer to figuring out the problem, Yuth? Hope you get back soon regardless, sucks that you're stuck in this.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

How old is it?  Maybe parts are just going :(
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Dracos on June 26, 2019, 12:30:33 PM
How old is it?  Maybe parts are just going :(
Motherboard is just outside of factory warranty.

New board arrived DOA.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Did you run over a leprechaun or something? Geez.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

You are running dreadful with those. Condolences, hope the RMA's quick.
<Afina> Forever.