News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Okay, recent events have convinced me to start this up.  Many of us traverse the internet at large and find tons of funny and clever lines.

This is for the best of them.  The creme de la creme of ridiculous batshit insane posts.  The stuff that simply must be shared for it is too god damned crazy not to.

Starting this off, Olguin finds:
From: fallenstar | Posted: 11/18/2004 12:50:46 PM | Message Detail
This argument doesn't make sense. Superman would obviously beat Batman using his exsphere.
Unless of course you gave Batman all his items so he can use the anti superman spray and easily win.

And of course there are those who say that Goku can beat both of them easily using his Omnislash, but don't listen to them!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

Oh the stories I could share of dumb posts I've seen online.

How about "She could kill over a thousand in the first hour".  -Some person on how Batgirl could defeat an army of 10,000 orcs all by herself.   :)

thepanda

"I really respect them, but the consumer really loses," one analyst told GameSpot. "EA is both evil and really smart."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/13/news_6114977.html

Not exactly stupid, but funny none the less.

kpjam

he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

Brian

Ah, I see I don't troll WoW forums alone. :)

Quoted, since it'll undoubtedly be deleted:
Quote1. Is it "Wrong" To think your cousin is hot? | 12/24/2004 8:03:48 PM PST

Well.. she is technically my 3rd cousin. I really think she is hot. I dont care if you think im disqusting or w/e it may be. We are not blood related at all. Does this disturb anyone?

How is this 'General' discussion for an MMORPG? O_o?

Anyway, until it's gone, the link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=492920&p=1&tmp=1#post492920
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

metroid composite

Ooh, SR has an IotD topic now?  Heh...beware the addictiveness of this topic. Beware!!

*skips merrily off*
ats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. Based on these axioms, a cat with peanut butter toast strapped to its back will therefore hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Celisasu

For real fun find someplace with a mix of DBZ and Superman fans and then ask "Who's stronger out of Goku and Superman?" and watch the sparks and bad quotes fly.   Most comic forums fit this bill thanks to the popularity of anime and manga nowadays.

Brian

Another gem from the WoW forums:

Quote1. Why I cancelled my WoW account | 12/28/2004 6:51:57 PM PST  

I recently cancelled my account on WoW, largely because of the violation of my right to privacy that is a built-in feature of the game. I expect that I'm in the minority in even thinking about this, but privacy rights are very important to me and I am unwilling to compromise them.

The "add friends" option allows any player in the game to trivially monitor the comings and goings of any other player. I enjoy meeting other players in the game, but I've played long enough now that when I log in about 30 people send messages saying hello. This is disturbing -- before I've even had a chance to sit down at my desk, everyone and their brother knows exactly what I'm doing in real life.

Blizzard provides a "do not disturb" flag that absolutely misses the essential point. It's irritating to be deluged with messages from friends, but they are after all friends and I can just ask them to leave me in peace. The greater point is that people I don't even know can monitor when I play the game. Indeed, they can monitor exactly where I go in the virtual world using the /who command! Going /dnd doesn't change any of that one bit.

I have a job, a family, and other obligations. I like to take a little time to play Warcraft, but I am quite sure that a lot of people would prefer I were attending to their needs rather than play a computer game. As long as those people can track my use of the game so easily, it just doesn't make sense for me to continue my subscription. I'll go back to reading quietly in real life cafes, where at least my privacy is under my own control.

~exploding tag~

thepanda

He forgot about the security cameras big brother installed in the cafes.  ^^

Celisasu

Okay.  That one just set the standard for me.  How dare someone say "hello" to me when I'm playing a videogame?!!  Remind me never to play a game with people who have crunchy peanuts for brains.

metroid composite

That's actually more of a legitimate complaint than you may think.  I know some people who run large websites found that they would get 40-50 IMs with questions as soon as they signed on to AIM.  If this guy is being messaged by 30 people at once, then I can understand the frustration (I find six conversations fairly challenging to keep up with, myself).  Granted, I haven't played WoW, so it depends how it's implemented (30 poppup windows AIM-style would be annoying, for instance, but a message ticker would be easy enough to ignore).
ats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. Based on these axioms, a cat with peanut butter toast strapped to its back will therefore hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Brian

Tells and whispers are inline (but purple, instead of white) with general chat.  I think the point is that he didn't bother telling all of the people who he seemed to get to like him, "Leave me alone!"

~exploding tag~

Halbarad

And as far as tracking movements IN GAME, who gives a rip? I mean, okay, so I'm wandering around X part of the landscape right now in a fantasy world. What difference does that mean to anyone? Hell, if I got a stalker in a game I could just log off.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Yuthirin

QuoteVelsper56: http://www.yamabuki.sakura.ne.jp/%7Eilek-vad/hpl/cg/index.htm
Velsper56: ELDER GOD-TANS WEBSITE
Yuthirin: :O
Velsper56: That is my gift to you!
Velsper56: :p
Yuthirin: *loves you*
Velsper56: :D
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Olvelsper

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.