POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

Kaldrak

This video is part of a series called 'Terrible Writing Advice.'

Writer's block

Highly entertaining and informative.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Kaldrak

Yandere simulator music animation.
Notice me Senpai
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Kaldrak

Anastasia

At least we're predictable about our weaknesses?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on July 10, 2017, 04:59:17 PM
At least we're predictable about our weaknesses?

The reason I found this so hilarious is that I wrote two books with three female protagonists and didn't do this even once.

Arakawa

http://www.worlddreambank.org/P/PLANETS.HTM

Pretty interesting worldbuilding with fictional exoplanets (and some fictional terraformed Solar System worlds). The only somewhat-cliched part is the alien species (they average, roughly speaking, around either furry centaurs or winged catgirls -- though the author justifies his biases somewhat in the behind-the-scenes 'interview'), whose societies function rather like Out of the Silent Planet except with more sex. Everything else, though, is both extremely imaginative and fits intuitively with how you'd expect an alien planet to behave given this universe's laws of physics.

My favourite of the planets so far is Tharn: http://www.worlddreambank.org/T/THARN.HTM

Kind of a side goal is to present a 'what-if' that counters the rare-Earth hypothesis. e.g. what if Earth is not really an optimal planet for life, but kind of on the margins of what's possible? What if only having one sentient species is an unusual situation that has warped our psychology? etc. Likewise, the terraformed worlds are based on a somewhat more sensible rationale for doing the terraforming than the mainstream "the Earth is overpopulated so let's all move to an even smaller and less hospitable planet LOL".
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

I occassionally like watching people play Mario Maker levels. One thing with those is that to upload a level, you have to beat it yourself.

Fail's Flotilla: Final Flight is a Mario Maker level that took its creator 480+ hours to beat over a course of a year and half. He just managed to upload it a few days ago.

It's a sickening display of dedication to share his insane creation. Also, holy shit that level looks goddamn impossible.

Kaldrak

Arakawa

https://tulpa.io/terminologies

To my (complete lack of) surprise, I am well behind the current advancements of the Internet hivemind.

To my further complete lack of surprise, my path to finding this website involved Ponies.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

Quote from: Arakawa on January 02, 2018, 06:22:32 PMTo my further complete lack of surprise, my path to finding this website involved Ponies.

Conviniently enough, the Soulriders news for your post? "I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

KLSymph

Hmm, nobody's been posting funny stuff in the last half year? Here's some skits from College Humor.

Dracos

We're very not funny?

Also thanks for waking this up :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.