News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

I'm alive. Hey all you people.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Cards Against Humanity is hiring writers for new cards.

We've played the game. We've written our own custom cards. Now you can share your custom cards and be paid for it!

If you wanted to, anyway.

All you need to do is channel your inner __________ and then you too can be a ____________. (Pick 2)

Dracos

In the land of _______,
Under the moon,
______ terrorizes everyone.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Drac sent me the link to this AMV and I'm sharing it cause I like it.

AMV Artichoke Hearts

Warning, random smooches at the end. :P
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Kaldrak

"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Merc

Someone linked an old video of the Backstreet Boys song in discord...'sung' by 3d models of Reimu (Touhou), some girl called Haruka (no idea what she's from) and Rin (Vocaloid).

I'd already seen this a long long time ago, but it's still hilarious to me today.

Kaldrak

Arakawa

Fun toy revealing the deranged mind of our future AI overlords:

https://t2i.cvalenzuelab.com/

Rather than expecting real rendering, I had great fun typing things like "A Green Great Dragon" and "Colorless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously" and seeing the abstract weirdness it obediently came up with. Attached is Salvador Dali's lost essay in painting, "A Cathedral Made of Dragons and Onions".

(Unfortunately since it seems to be hooked up to some guy's graphics card on the other end, it's incredibly finicky. It sometimes works for a minute at a time and then no response.)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

Unfortunately, because of the chaotic effects of random noise, I think it is also affected by the mood of the user and functions somewhat like a Weegee Board. It kept defaulting to drab and blurry smears until I cleared out my chakras.

Most psychedelic experience has been typing out Lorem Ipsum by hand. Visions of a library and garden like setting and a mutated questing monk replaced by burning cities and the skies raining blood. There was also a platter of cheese at one point.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/02/researchers-scared-by-their-own-work-hold-back-deepfakes-for-text-ai/

Remains underwhelming. Here's its attempt at a LoTR fanfiction:

The orcs' response was a deafening onslaught of claws, claws, and claws; even Elrond was forced to retreat. 'You are in good hands, dwarf,' said Gimli, who had been among the first to charge at the orcs; it took only two words before their opponents were reduced to a blood-soaked quagmire, and the dwarf took his first kill of the night. The battle lasted for two hours until two of the largest Orcs attempted to overwhelm Aragorn. When they finally stopped, they lay defeated and lifeless for miles and miles.

Sure, it's stylistically consistent, but it also has some staggering logical inconsistencies. If this kind of text is threatening to have on the internet, the combined existence of ffnet and 4chan constitutes an ongoing national emergency.

The only place where AI remains threatening is as a replacement for bureaucracy (which is already a very lobotomized form of human interaction, so AI will fit right in). Imagine a version of this bot in Customer Service sending you excuses for why your stuff isn't working and BigCo don't have to fix it.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Scarily plausible there, no doubt.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Arakawa

Considering that Mario was named after Nintendo of America's old landlord, I foresee an epic battle waged through real estate.

---

(from Wm. Blake)