News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

That's a nice bit of overall symmetry.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

So...so this is an actual thing.

That someone made.

AND convinced someone else to sign off on. Someone we probably all know.

What is it you may ask? May I present the incredible, amazing, not to be topped ever in this life, Garfield shaped pizza ordering website where you can download the app:

https://garfieldeats.com/

But wait! There's more!

If you should perchance dare yourself to click on the link, make sure your sound is down, cause of the overly loud music and audio that plays every time this horrid abomination of a website is loaded. You'll hear from Garfield creator Jim Davis and from some guy named Nathan, who has a new word for us! That's right, Nathan will explain in multiple places on this travesty of a site, what exactly 'entergagement' means. Hint: (entertainment + engagement = entergagement). Clever!

It's full of annoying and egregious popup adds. You'll get to read about Garfieldeats environmental policy. You'll get to hear Garfield himself say over and over again "Love me, feed me, don't leave me!" Which is apparently their business slogan. You can watch a small tutorial video where they instruct you how to turn one of their order lasagna boxes into a tissue box.

It's nonsensical. It's maddening. It's...it's Garfieldeats!
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Frankly, I'm scared to even click on the link.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

I cannot wait for the acclaimed parody site 'Garfieldeats minus Garfield'.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

Pages still referencing anime addventure doesn't shock me. That those pages look like geocities websites from the 90s also doesn't surprise me.

It appearing in a youtube video from someone called LeagleEagle, and the actual site in question having stuff like "Mistress Akane" and "Ranma's Furry Fiancee" cracks me the hell up though.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.