News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Untangling the Mess *EDIT: Misspelled title

Started by Rye Coal, March 27, 2005, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rye Coal

Thanks to all for not calling that majority vote to keep the game going. I thought for sure I would find my time had expired while I was out on vacation.

BFSS: I like your thinking that was exactly what I was going to propose, almost verbatim.

HLPCS and RCCN: While I don't like what you did on the amendment to 212 because you did it to me, I must tip my hat to you. I have a new respect for you as opponents, slick bastards that you are.

On the issue of a Judge:
Its very clear this trial by fire of the current system is not going anywhere, the same parties are going round and round with three different ideas. So that we might have a judgment - as it is clear we need one - and we may at least be equally unhappy - why don't we elect a judge from those who did not vote on the 212 amendment to rule on all the issues at present. For go the debate on quint vs. Riz in legitimacy and specially elect one we can all consider legitimate via a unanimous consent. I would expect the new judge to rule one the two votes in the 212 amendment, and whose turn it is.

Reflections on the judicial process:

This much is clear, with multiple turns occurring at any given time a system in which the judicial bench is rotated by turn is not going to work. I didn't realize it but the system RCCN created will actually establish a single judge for a given round of turns, with the noted exception of judgments passed on the judges turn. If you look at the numbers, those at the end of the turn cycle are in the best position to become judge. If we introduce a method of point transfer it will be very easy for groups to set up a desired player as judge at the end of the round and then redistribute points after the judge has been declared. Essentially it would become a contest of most pooled resources.
   I have to say I'm not too keen on those prospects.

In light of the fact that the Amendment of 212 sets up a simi-permanant Judicial Bench order- those of you who have been adamant about not having a simi-perminant Judge. Would you be open to holding a general election every round to elect a judge, since you liked the amendment to 212? We could put a cap on re-election to ensure the bench doesn't get stale. In my earlier idea, in the game discussion forum, I had the elections take place every three rounds (that can take from two to six months).  That's way too long - one round looks much more appropriate.

Char Coal

Rye Coal

May I also suggest making a specific judicial forum where all of this can be worked out, instead of smeared all over the proposal boards and game discussion boards?

tinuviel

Quote from: "Rye Coal"May I also suggest making a specific judicial forum where all of this can be worked out, instead of smeared all over the proposal boards and game discussion boards?
DEFINITELY.

CasualSax

Quote from: "Rye Coal"May I also suggest making a specific judicial forum where all of this can be worked out, instead of smeared all over the proposal boards and game discussion boards?

Of course you can suggest it..=P  What kind of silly comment is that?
i][size=9]I want to be the minority
I don''t need your authority
Down with the moral majority
''Cause I want to be the minority[/size][/i]