News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Waiting List

Started by tinuviel, April 22, 2005, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinuviel

This is the thread wherein users desiring to join the Nomic user group in order to become a Player should post their request and a short introduction.  
Player Invitations should be posted in a separate thread on the Game Discussion board, titled "Player Invitation - [invited player's name]"

Rye Coal

Just to make this threat a little more um... waiter friendly, here is what you're getting into. This game is rather unique in that we as players define what it is and how it is played. Essentially this game is about changing the rules. We started with an initial set of 15 or do rules describing how to change or make new rules, how a turn progresses, and how to get points. From there we have created the concepts of mini games, titles, corporations, and exchange system. The original rules weren't perfect - so we've amended them.

I never thought this game would be as fun as it has become. This is really quintessential strategy, planning, debate, and politics all rolled into one.

As a player, be prepared to check on the board on a daily basis- if you don't you'll miss something. Things tend to happen in bursts so you might need to focus on the board a lot more one day and then pay almost no attention to it for three. Usually you'll need to pay specific attention to the forum during your turn to negotiate/defend your proposal. We have players on the east coast (US), west coast (US), and Australia so it's rare were all on at the same time.

See you on the Forum

Rye Coal

tinuviel

What are you saying, I created an unfriendly thread?  Gosh.
:D

Evelyn

Name: Evelyn (not my real name but close enough)

Strengths: I have extensive knowledge on any such matters dealing with governments. When I say I am a history buff I don't mean I read a few books, what I am saying is that I am knowledgeable in many different forms of governing. I study governments as a hobby really, spending many geekless nights wandering the internet looking at awakening republics and scrutinizing to the harsh detail dictators. I like to discuss, I am concise, and methotical. If I think that purposal should be revised expect me to give my opinion of it, and send backing as to why I believe it should. This game intrest me, because it's still being built and it consides with my intrest.

Weaknesses: I'm a woman do I have any? (Spelling will be my biggest problem, I often get flustered and trip up on words).

tinuviel

Quote from: "Evelyn"
Weaknesses: I'm a woman do I have any? (Spelling will be my biggest problem, I often get flustered and trip up on words).
Yay, I'm not the only girl anymore.  And don't worry, Rye Coal's spelling will always be ten bajillion times worse than yours, I promise.  :P

I like her, someone invite her.

Ahem.  /me goes back on vacation

:D

Jason_Miao

Name: Jason_Miao (Also not my real name, but also pretty close ^_^)

Saw Rez's(Hello Reim) post about looking for new members, and I'd previously been planning on putting a game together (before real life struck me in the backside), so how could I resist?