News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Origin Arc: It All Starts Here

Started by Bjorn, July 18, 2005, 05:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

"Geh..." David quickly looked around for anyone who could help.  "Let's go, hurry. Come on." He grabbed William's arm a bit and headed back, looking quickly for the guy in hopes of finding him and getting out while the getting ways good.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Simon shakes his head a bit to clear it. "Huh... wh... Barry's still in there? Aww man..."

Squinting a bit against the acrid smoke coming from the ruined computers, he waves his hand in front of his face and heads back into the room, taking station behind David as they returned to the scene of the destruction.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

With some care, you manage to sneak back to the classroom.  Peeking through the door, it's clear that the scene is indeed one of devastation.  Sunlight pours in through an exploded outer wall, and the dust mixes with the still-lingering smoke.  Standing in the hole, shouting out something at the police below, is Tingle, who clutches the arm of one of his hostages, shaking her for emphasis.

There are, in fact, several students still left -- the girl Tingle is holding, two more girls huddling behind an over-turned desk, and beside them is Barry.  And since he's a football player, and not a gymnast, you're pretty sure his leg shouldn't be pointing that way.

Sliding forward on his belly to try and catch up with David and the clearly reluctant William, Simon almost panics when he feels his hand brush against something small and metallic.  Instinctively snatching it to keep it from making noise, he realizes he's holding a bullet -- in fired, yet perfect condition.

Edit:

05:08 PM <Bjorn> Drac!  Hal!
05:08 PM <Halbarad> Mrf?
05:08 PM <Bjorn> Roll Perception.
05:08 PM <Bjorn> Which is 3d6.
05:10 PM <Halbarad> 3d6
05:10 PM <Hatbot> ACTION --> "Halbarad rolls 3d6 and gets 8." [3d6=3, 4, 1]
05:12 PM <Dracos> roll 3d6
05:12 PM <Hatbot> ACTION --> "Dracos rolls 3d6 and gets 14." [3d6=2, 6, 6]
05:12 PM <Dracos> I see smoke!
05:13 PM <Bjorn> Dracos gets no roll, for he is *late*.
05:13 PM <Bjorn> :P

Dracos

"Eeeh." David whispered, trying to come up with an idea, while hanging back behind the wall, hoping Tingle didn't notice them. "Okay... any plans?  That's more there than I could snatch, even if we distracted him, maybe if...we lead him around back, and then to the police?  Hopefully not getting lightning bolted?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Simon grimaces. "Let me think..."

After a few moments, he nods, frowning still. "We've got to keep Mr. Una occupied completely, 'cause I bet it's going to take both of us to get the rest of the others out of here. No way Barry's going to be walking by himself with that leg - " a wince here " - and everyone else is going to need some help - most of them look like they're pretty stunned.

"I'm wondering, though... you saw his amulet, right? I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that's where his powers are coming from. If I distract him, you think you could get it away from him?"
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

David thought, tapping his chin and glancing around.  "I could try.  I don't really have many of my tools here...harder to fool the eye without a cape..." He shuffled through various nicknacks in his hand, almost nervously.  "Yeah, I think I could yank it off him.  Either way...I think I could probably get away if I don't."

He stood back, slipping a card into one hand and a mirror into the other as he chanted, seeming to focus carefully as he gestured.  A few moments and nothing seemed to happen.  "Okay, ready.  I'll dash out and distract him, and you get the guy away?"

Dracos
OOC:
David has just gone invisible and is projecting an image of himself where he's standing.  He intends to use it to distract while he gets up close and tries to yank or slip off the medallion.
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Letting David drop from his mind, Simon focuses on his own task. He palms the fired bullet, deciding to save it as his 'ace in the hole'. A quick search of the room doesn't take long to turn up a crumpled and dirty piece of paper; with a grimace of distaste, he rips off a corner, places it in his mouth, and chews...

*THWAP*

The resounding smack of the spitball landing dead center on the back of 'Tingle's' head would be one that Simon would remember for a long time. The teacher's ears shaded to crimson as he turned...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

David, meanwhile, slips behind Tingle, looking for a latch or anything on the chain with the amulet that could be yanked and broken or just unlatched prior to yanking off.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.