News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Games People Want to Play

Started by Carthrat, September 14, 2005, 10:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukatin

It's just that I've been to multiple sites, and nothing's ever really given me what I wanted. Sure I got to see new stuff, but it's like you're eating all these fries when all you want is a nice, juicy, cheeseburger.
And now I'm hungry.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Nah, I get it. I felt the same way once upon a time, so I ended up DMing rather than hoping someone ran what I wanted. To run with the metaphor a little further, I ended up learning to cook myself.  It's a lot of work, but now I can have a cheeseburger whenever I want.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

It's hard enough to get people running stuff when it's something they want to run, let alone an entirely new game!

You should totes run something to get people into it.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rukatin

Um, okay. Maybe. I can't really do it right now but I can plan and such. Final week of school (woo!) so I'm taking finals.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Rukatin

Anastasia, you run two games down in the rp section? Any chance I could join one of them?

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Yeah, Vastwoods and Balmuria.

Both games aren't in a position to attract more players right now. Vastwoods is in its last arc and will conclude after that, and Balmuria's full at the current time. When Vastwood ends (1-3 months) and after a bit of downtime, I'll be starting a new game in its place. That would be the time to ask.

In the meanwhile, I'd recommend looking at Origin of Stars or FFd6: Tower of the Goddess. I don't know if either game is looking for a new player, but you could ask.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ergoemos

One website that does a lot of role playing and tabletop games is www.rpol.net .They tend to do exclusively forum threads but I was a member there for a while until I got too busy with other stuff to play.

The games are fast or slow depending on the players and gms. But they have a good system as far as it goes. It might be worthwhile to taka look there if you have the inclination
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Rukatin

Yeah, I looked there, put it didn't really suit me.

"You enslave minds!"

tabyk

Lately I have been in the mood for something of the Cyberpunk or Steampunk genre... Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, GURPS (and its million of supplementals), etc.
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Rukatin

Kinda want to re-start that old Numenera campaign I started a long while back. Anyone interested?

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

I'd probably pass on it this time around. While I still have interest, don't really have time to pick up a new game, and when I do, I'll probably rejoin the Balmuria game first.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.